Perfect Dive Day Friday at Gilboa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marshallkarp

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I buddied up with Mel and Chip and we made two dives together Friday afternoon. Sunny, 80 degrees. Water was warm down to about 20 feet and cold down to the plane and helicopter. Huge catfish kept swimming past.

Glad we were able to take advantage of the great holiday weekend weather.

Just curious, but for Gilboa what is "warm" and what is "cold"? Trying to figure out what I might need down to 65'. Thanks!

At Gilboa our first dive we went to the tubes(cold part of quarry on shallow side)temp was 45,later at the plane and stuff temp was 55, our last dive at 20ft temp was 63, I wear a farmer john type wetsuit 7mm,hood,gloves, kept "warm"but didn't stay at tubes long. Waiting on my drysuit to come in.

Thanks for the report. That might be a little to cold for me to dive wet.

I am hesitant to get 7mm protection as I know I am going to want to get a dry suit eventually and then 7mm would not be used. So I think I am going to hold out on the cold(er) waters until I can go dry.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom