Bonaire Burglar Stopped

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me it is a cost thing.

But remember to take the cost of boat dives vs. the unlimited shore dives into consideration. We stayed at GRI the first week of May at "off-season" rates. The dive and drive package is pretty affordable. We also ate pretty cheaply too, but that's not for everyone either.

If you want to do alot of diving (4 - 6 a day) Bonaire is cheap.

If you are a 2 a day diver, then other places (Cozumel) are cheaper.

But remember to take the cost of boat dives vs. the unlimited shore dives into consideration. We stayed at GRI the first week of May at "off-season" rates. The dive and drive package is pretty affordable. We also ate pretty cheaply too, but that's not for everyone either.

Mainly it is airfare that does it as far as the cost goes $3-400/difference (for 2 of us)between Roatan and Bonaire. My sister in law and her husband love Bonaire. They spent 5 weeks there a couple of years ago. I really like boat diving, easy, flop in the water, crawl back up on the boat. 3 dives a day is enough for me generally. I am sure I would have a great time there though.

There is a common connection between the Bonaire cheerleaders, with the exception of NWGD, they all have a vested interest in Bonaire, own property there, take groups there, live there, etc. yes, some try to hide that fact so as to appear impartial but if you really parse their posts, you get the picture. Wether you go there is a personal matter of how you feel about safety, what risk you will accept, and your personal tolerance level. I just want people to have the facts so they can make up there own minds and not be unsafely persuaded by the Bonaire cheerleaders that keep telling you, come on down, it's real safe.

I have no vested interest in Bonaire. I wouldn't even call myself a cheerleader, just a diver that likes to travel. We just got back today from our first trip to Bonaire. We felt safe there. We enjoyed the diving. Everything about the trip was easy. Lots of good restaurants. We will go back.

Last edited:
Mainly it is airfare that does it as far as the cost goes $3-400/difference (for 2 of us)between Roatan and Bonaire. My sister in law and her husband love Bonaire. They spent 5 weeks there a couple of years ago. I really like boat diving, easy, flop in the water, crawl back up on the boat. 3 dives a day is enough for me generally. I am sure I would have a great time there though.

We just got back today from our first trip to Bonaire. We've been to Coz twice. We decided we would return to Bonaire before Coz. And we only do 2 -3 dives day. We also prefer boat diving to shore diving. We did 8 boat dives and 6 shores dives during the week. The fish life may be slightly more in Coz but we get tired of a week of drift diving. And we liked the island of Bonaire topside more than Coz, it seemed more relaxed to us. We can't get a direct flight from LA to either one, if we could then the direct flight option would win out over the other.

I have a vested interest in Bonaire, a lot of my family lives in the water there:wink:

dmoore,

I know what you mean about the cost of the airfare. We were able to get a good deal on the Inselair flights from Miami, but that's not typically the case.

There is a common connection between the Bonaire cheerleaders, with the exception of NWGD, they all have a vested interest in Bonaire, own property there, take groups there, live there, etc. yes, some try to hide that fact so as to appear impartial but if you really parse their posts, you get the picture. Wether you go there is a personal matter of how you feel about safety, what risk you will accept, and your personal tolerance level. I just want people to have the facts so they can make up there own minds and not be unsafely persuaded by the Bonaire cheerleaders that keep telling you, come on down, it's real safe.

:no:

Care to back up that claim in my case? I am a regular visitor, that is it.

At this point he will ignore the fact that he even stated it and start harping on something else to yet again change the subject away from erroneous claims that those who love and defend Bonaire have ulterior monetary motives for saying such things...

um, let's see, your screen name is BONAIRETRIP. yeah, yeah, I guess you would be real impartial:rofl3:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom