Bonaire Burglar Stopped

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pursuitis is pursuit, in a car or on foot. What car would they be chasing them in but another, since thiers was stolen.:wink:

How can the pursuer can be charged? The fleeing crook is at fault. They are the cause of action.

Bumping the other car comes to mind.

Generally speaking any action that occurs as a result of the felony crime in particular is the responsibility of the perpetrator.

Case law is quite clear on this. Absent really unusual circumstances.

Which is why the case Bob references has me curious...

The pursuer bumping the car causing it to have an accident, changes the cause of the action from fleeing felon to pursuer. That is the only way pursuer clould be held liable

Bumping the other car comes to mind.

Generally speaking any action that occurs as a result of the felony crime in particular is the responsibility of the perpetrator.

Case law is quite clear on this. Absent really unusual circumstances.

Which is why the case Bob references has me curious...

Haven't been able to find the story yet ... if memory serves, he was trying to force the young perp to stop. I don't recall if this involved guns, but given the location it may have.

However, to get to the point I was addressing ... the motive for pursuit was the Chief of Police having previously stated that his department wasn't going to put a priority on car theft, nor any other kind of property theft. He stated that his department didn't have the resources to respond to that type of crime.

Keep in mind the context I was responding to ... which was an allegation in this thread that in America, people who steal are pursued, caught and punished.

Originally Posted by rjsimp
First of all, I guess we need to understand the definition of a crime in Bonaire and the US or many other countries for that matter is different. In Bonaire, it is not a crime to break into a car/hotel and it is not a crime to take things that are not yours. Reason it is not a crime in Bonaire (even though there may be laws on the books) is because it is not prosecuted or enforced. In the US, those people would be prosecuted, locked up, and there would be a penalty for such actions. In other parts of the world, you would get a much worse penalty than in the US.

That certainly isn't the case in some parts of America ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

The car owner having a gun changes the whole story entirely.:wink: Those pesky little details, bob. :eyebrow:

Haven't been able to find the story yet ... if memory serves, he was trying to force the young perp to stop. I don't recall if this involved guns, but given the location it may have.
However, to get to the point I was addressing ... the motive for pursuit was the Chief of Police having previously stated that his department wasn't going to put a priority on car theft, nor any other kind of property theft. He stated that his department didn't have the resources to respond to that type of crime.

Keep in mind the context I was responding to ... which was an allegation in this thread that in America, people who steal are pursued, caught and punished. That certainly isn't the case in some parts of America ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bob, where in the USA is crime tolerated and not punished?

Keep in mind the context I was responding to ... which was an allegation in this thread that in America, people who steal are pursued, caught and punished.

That certainly isn't the case in some parts of America ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bob, where in the USA is crime tolerated and not punished?

I gave you three examples in reply 123 ... there are many more out there every day, if you choose to look at them.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

But Bob, you were inexact in some important details [ guy having a gun makes it totally different ] that changed one part of your example, so maybe that's the case with your other examples? I don't know anyhere in the USA where cops will not respond to a house break in:confused:

I gave you three examples in reply 123 ... there are many more out there every day, if you choose to look at them ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

But Bob, you were inexact in some important details [ guy having a gun makes it totally different ] that changed one part of your example, so maybet that's the case with your other examples? I don't know anyhere in the USA where cops will not respond to a house break in:confused:
Federal Way ... you need to take that one up with my neighbor.

Just like you, John ... you can't argue on the merits of a discussion, you have to attack the integrity of the person you disagree with.

Go ahead, call me a liar ... makes you look like the small-minded fool that you prefer to be.

Yes, that's unfriendly ... you don't seem to be interested in having it any other way.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Is it the 2002 case where a guy shot a 15 year old? Guy noticed his 1985 Pontiac driving off and grabbed a gun, pulled up next to the car and fired 4/5 times into the driver?

No shock the shooter was convicted.....in Texas he would have been OK though...

Bob, YOU were the one that pursued me over to the Bonaire thread to attack, when you had no part of that discussion. That is what YOU chose to do. Then you tell a loose story and leave out very salient parts of it, which, when revealed, when you are pressed to more details, reveals you left out extremly important parts of the story, parts that CHANGE the story entirely.

Again, cops respond to house break ins everywhere in the USA. Name places that don't? What in fact did your "neighbor" do when at first they did not respond? Is there more to THAT story too?

Calling me a small minded fool escalates things. Sure you don't want to retract that, bob?

Federal Way ... you need to take that one up with my neighbor.

Just like you, John ... you can't argue on the merits of a discussion, you have to attack the integrity of the person you disagree with.

Go ahead, call me a liar ... makes you look like the small-minded fool that you prefer to be.

Yes, that's unfriendly ... you don't seem to be interested in having it any other way.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom