Cost of becoming DAN Instructor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tazrox

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
What is the going rate of each DAN instructor course? Does each course cost the same?For those of you with a ridiculous number of courses, did you get a package deal?

I'm a DAN Instructor.

Tough question to answer because it will depend on what your local DAN Instructor Trainer charges. You will have to ask them this question.

You must have the provider certifications for the course you wish to teach first, then do the Instructor IQC for that class. In my case, I already had DEMP, BLS Pro, Neuro, Dive Medicine 1, Dive Medicine 2 before I started on the Instructor path, so I just had to buy my Instructor materials and pay for an IQC....yes, it was a package deal for the IQC.

We did the new BLS/FA this spring over a weekend...the provider and IQC was a package deal.

Thanks for the info. A DAN instructor search show all the instructors in my area have at least 10 specialties. Seems like there is no DAN instructor who can teach just one course.

Also, what is the Dive Medicine 1 & 2 used for? Is that all theory and concept or are there additional skills?

Dive Medicine 1 & 2 go a little deeper into topics on physiology, fitness, DCS and evaluations. Might be good classes for your doctor if they have no knowledge of scuba diving and look a little perplexed when you hand them your yearly Medical Release. The only additional skill is stethoscope use.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom