Ugh - no diving for 6 weeks!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm going to Galapagos end of September, so figured I'd get this done now and be good to go when it's time for the trip. Plus, I was in some pain before the surgery so I was going to be out of commission anyway.

Hopefully youll be good for diving by then. Was the doc pretty optomistic youd be ok? Also I hope your vacation goes well too. Ive heard good things about Galapagos :)

hah hah, what a coincidence.
I am going to truk in September.
I am a little worried about it, but I have had this thing off and on for 20 years. It was always misdiagnosed. It came back a month ago after 2 years of no pain and they found the hernia, this time. It appears to be quite small. But, there's alot of nerve endings down there.
Anyway good luck.

JPB

Dropped my stuff off two weeks ago for a planned dry spell; in the ultimate irony all my regs are ready to be picked up tomorrow...

:shocked2:

I do have a few sets of doubles that are up for VIP, but I'm not sure how I'll get them in the car and to the shop. Maybe they'll swing by and pick 'em up?

Oh that sux!! Why do people always do silly things in the beginning of summer?

If you need some help and don't live too far away from me (Little Egg Harbor area) PM me. I am not too smart but I am strong enough to lift a set of doubles.

Oh that sux!! Why do people always do silly things in the beginning of summer?

If you need some help and don't live too far away from me (Little Egg Harbor area) PM me. I am not too smart but I am strong enough to lift a set of doubles.

I'm on LBI in the summer, but my doubles (and my LDS) are up here in Somerset county. Appreciate the offer though!

Greetings RJP and I wish that you were feeling better and mend quickly my friend!
It is very important that you keep yourself occupied with scuba related materials while you recover. The doctors wishes are very important as well with a fabulous trip planned you really want to recover ASAP.
If you were in my area I would volunteer to carry your gear for some light diving into your recovery of coarse. I am certain that re-injury is not an option!
There are always new books to read, new diving research, not to mention gear to look over and dream about.

Take care of yourself and get well soon.
CamG Keep diving....Keep training....Keep learning!

Seems I "blew a gasket" with an inguinal hernia. Just had surgery, and surgeon says I can't lift anything heavier than 10lbs for 4-6weeks.

:cool2:

wow if i couldent lift more than 10 lbs i would have to have help going to the bathroom. :dork2::mooner::D:rofl3:

Rest up and enjoy the drugs! Be very, very careful not to re-injure yourself. You may be feeling better, but it doesn't always mean you are!

Want a story to try to make you feel better? After two days of cancelled dive plans, I was pumped to be going diving today. Unfortunately, I woke up at 5am with horrible ear pain. I laid curled up in a ball clutching my ear, near tears, for about an hour. I was a little freaked out because one of my dive buddies just had massive barotrauma involving blood behind her ears. Needless to say, after a call to my doctor the next call was to my buddy apologizing for having to cancel our plans. The doctor diagnosed me as having "a really nasty case of swimmer's ear". How lame is that? I'm on antibiotics for a week, and my doctor suggested I refrain from diving for that same period of time. When he realized I was not about to do that, he strongly suggested I refrain until at least Monday. I begrudgingly agreed to that. And I was even more bummed because my new wetsuit arrived today and I was stoked to try it out.

At least your lay-up has a potentially cool story and narcotics with it. Mine's just bacteria in my ear. :D

Sorry to hear, I had the same thing last year. As others have said take the time to heal. When you are cleared to dive you might want to think about using a single for a couple of weeks just to ease back into it. And have fun in Galapagos!

wow if i couldent lift more than 10 lbs i would have to have help going to the bathroom. :dork2::mooner::D:rofl3:

Use that much TP do you? :mooner:

hehee sorry i couldent help my self. op i hope you get to fealing better. just when you think you are healed you should give it a few more days. that is not a injury you can afford to push the healing process

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom