Aurora July 5th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are planning on being at Aurora Res on Monday July 5th for a couple of dives. We will be there around 9:00am.

Dan, Regina, James and myself are planning on being there, and anyone who wants to dive this umm... fascinating location is welcome to join.

Maybe we will do a crawdad roundup.. but then again, I often say that, and we rarely take out the bags. I am planning on bringing lunch, and I assume others will as well. Dan has an EZUP so we will have some shade. We will figure out the placard thing, but we should not need more than one for a small group as it is currently.

Have a good July 4th all!

Justin and I were talking about going to Aurora either Sun or Mon - he's in Boston now and doesn't return until late Fri. We were going to practice some tech skills. I (or he) will let you all know which day we'll be there.

What are the water temps like in Aurora res these days?

I dove there a lot 'back in the day' but don't have my log in front of me at the moment. All I remember is being hot on the surface and cold under the thermocline...

At the moment, my protection choices are either a 5mm full wetsuit or a drysuit.

glenn

g2:
What are the water temps like in Aurora res these days?

I dove there a lot 'back in the day' but don't have my log in front of me at the moment. All I remember is being hot on the surface and cold under the thermocline...

At the moment, my protection choices are either a 5mm full wetsuit or a drysuit.

glenn

When I dove there on June 5-th, my computer showed 57 degrees at the plane (~34 ffw) and 63 degrees at the surface with most of the dive at 59 degrees. I'm sure it is at least 5 degrees warmer now.

Rick and I are meeting there at 8am. Planning on doing some skills and drills practice in the shallows. Ron - please bring those manta fins for me! :)

Rick and I are meeting there at 8am. Planning on doing some skills and drills practice in the shallows. Ron - please bring those manta fins for me! :)

I've packed my old Mares Fins, just in case, but my big tarp is at Rock Lake.

Given the current heavy rain that I just drove through across denver, I'm going to wait and see what its like in the am. We will see..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom