Lookin for a Dive Buddy (4th of July Weekend)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlackKnightDY

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey all, I'm new to this particular community (or the dive community in general). My desire to get in the water seems to currently outweigh my ability to find people to dive with, so I figured I'd reach out and see what I could find. Through a series of individuals, I was directed here. Having to dive in Lake Travis after only having had "blue water" dives before and experiencing 3 ft viz for the first time, I find this "club" name rather fitting, heh.

I'm AOW PADI certified and I'm just looking to get in the water. In Texas, I've only been to Windy Point Scuba Park. I'm open to going wherever (less driving is preferable if possible), but Clear Springs Scuba Park would probably be ideal (although I'm not too certain on the weather this weekend).

If anyone is interested, let me know soon and we'll work something out.

Last edited:
Aren't charters expensive?

Hmm... $40 isn't bad, might be my last resort option, heh. Doesn't look like the weather will permit much though.

Last edited:
Alright, well I decided, regardless of the weather, I'm headed to Austin this weekend. I'll be going on the sunset trip tomorrow with Robert (if it happens) and saturday morning trip (still unsure about sunday morning, but I might do that as well). I'm probably going to camp out at Windy Point so I'm sure I'll see some of you there -- Jaws viewing was cancelled so their should be room enough.

looks like im headed to windy point to dive...prob gonna do the sat morning dive and maybe stay till sunday morning...same plan to camp out at windy point so if any one wants to sit around a fire friday night count me in.

I've been thinking about diving Lake Travis July 22nd (Thu.) through the 25th (Sun.), but I find myself in the same situation as far as not having dive buddies. Anyone that will be in the area around that time, that don't buddying up with a tagalong like me, send me a message. We can go on a charter, shore dive, or whatever. I am flexible. I'm newly certified but very capable and able to keep up... just wanting to log a few more dives freshwater. :)

I've been thinking about diving Lake Travis July 22nd (Thu.) through the 25th (Sun.), but I find myself in the same situation as far as not having dive buddies. Anyone that will be in the area around that time, that don't buddying up with a tagalong like me, send me a message. We can go on a charter, shore dive, or whatever. I am flexible. I'm newly certified but very capable and able to keep up... just wanting to log a few more dives freshwater. :)

Every Lake Travis Scuba charter includes a Divemaster to lead a dive or become a buddy however, many times there is another diver who also needs a buddy. There will be no problem with finding a buddy when diving from Giant Stride. Our schedule is posted on the web site. Contact me if you have any questions.

Robert
Lake Travis Scuba
Welcome to Lake Travis Scuba

Robert: E-mail?

Back
Top Bottom