Pro Dive July 4th Bash

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k11dorf

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Join us for a dockside BBQ, night dive, then enjoy Ft. Lauderdale's fireworks from the water -- the best seat in town...

Attachments

• 4th-of-July.jpg
    4th-of-July.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 100
2 tank dive? Which sites?

We'll do a twilight wreck dive on Hog Heaven, then a full night dive on a 30' reef that will put us in very close proximity to the fireworks barge and ringside seats...:42:

What's the cost????

The poster says divers $75 and riders $28. That's a pretty good deal!

This sounded like a good time, but the weather didn't really work out for it so we didn't sign up. We did, however still head to the beach to see the fireworks. I noticed about a million boats out there by the barge, did the divers have any issues with all the boat traffic?

We canceled the afternoon snorkel trip due to the weather -- I was actually wading through calf-deep water in our flooded parking lot -- but the BBQ and evening dive went off without a hitch. The dive on Hog Heaven had top-to-bottom viz, just as the morning dives on the Miss Dania Beach wreck did. We moved over to a shallow reef site for the second dive, but we felt the current was too strong and the number of boats (some of whom undoubtedly would not know a dive flag from a bottle rocket) were too numerous...everyone opted to stay onboard and enjoy the fireworks...hope you can join us next year!

Sounds like a great time! hopefully I'll be with ya next year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom