flushing toilet paper not allowed mexico?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... I think maybe a resort on Utila might have had the sign, but I can't recall any others?

The Utopia on Utila... For an upscale resort like Utopia, it was an odd thing to have to do. When we were first told to "trash" our toilet paper, you could hear the "ugh" from everyone in the room. Like anything else, you adjust, but it sure was nice to come home to my own toilet!

Same signs in Egypt. Not so unusual elsewhere in the world. Our toilettes are the envy of the world. Even the French like them. I just had a new toilette installed in my bathroom. Borrowed some accessories from the Japanese. Very cool with the jets and a heated dryer :D Ahh, west meets east.

I know over in asia the reason for not putting the tp in the toilet is the pipes are usually 2" rather then 4". So if you are excessive then the pipe has a good chance on clogging. What is "excessive"?

Our toilettes are the envy of the world. Even the French like them.
I don't see the difference between the typical French and American toilets.
Now, mine is an exception. I changed the location of the bathroom when I bought my studio, and had to have a "grinder toilet" installed. Toilet paper and human waste is all it can handle (not throwing cotton balls in it ever again, last time I did I had to change the whole damn thing and it cost me over USD1000 :no: )

I don't mind throwing TP in the trash while travelling. Usually forget about it the first few days… Then come home and keep on doing it for a day or two.

I stayed at the Barracuda before it was remodeled, they had the no TP down the toilet sign.
I usually got up, had my coffee, took my dump followed by a shower. I didn't want smelly crap covered paper sitting around, stinking up the room.

I never heard of this practice until I came to Belize. I figured it was because they must have used duffel bag canvas for toilet paper.
11 years on the Philippines, 2 in Malaysia, visits to India, Burma, Thailand, Indonesia, Saudi, Bahrain...I never saw this practiced anywhere but here.

Wrap the TP with unused TP and toss in Container. Keeps the smell down and is just polite. Do the same with the WHITE MICE ladies, as these clogg up the pipes even in the USA!

Wrap the TP with unused TP and toss in Container. Keeps the smell down and is just polite. Do the same with the WHITE MICE ladies, as these clogg up the pipes even in the USA!
You should do that anyway out of consideration for those charged with cleaning the bathroom.

white mice: see diva cup thread in Women's forum -- problem solved. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom