Thoughts on Mares Raptor split fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Autolysis

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm looking to buy a pair of split fins, and a scuba website has them listed for $59.99 and on closeout. :D

Do y'all think the Raptors are a decent pair of fins for a new diver? If not, any good recommendations for $50-90 price range?

They only have smalls and x-larges for the closeout price. If I had a size 9 boot(small boots fit 6-9, XL's fit 11-13), would the fins still fit adequately, or would it be a very tight fit?

I'm looking to buy a pair of split fins, and a scuba website has them listed for $59.99 and on closeout. :D

Do y'all think the Raptors are a decent pair of fins for a new diver? If not, any good recommendations for $50-90 price range?

They only have smalls and x-larges for the closeout price. If I had a size 9 boot(small boots fit 6-9, XL's fit 11-13), would the fins still fit adequately, or would it be a very tight fit?

18 New Fins | Scuba Diving Magazine

Mares Raptor
This stylish new split fin features natural rubber rails that taper for smooth flexing, and it uses a blend of composite materials to optimize thrust and efficiency. It also includes the Whale Tail foot pocket for better energy transfer to the blade. The Raptor showed a lot of promise in our limited speed, thrust and maneuverability tests, turning in numbers that would have landed it in the top tier of this year's test group. The fin was powerful and stable and performed equally well with all kicking styles. We can't wait to put it to a full review in our next fin test. The Raptor comes with the convenient new ABS Plus buckle system and is available in four colors (blue, red, yellow and green) and three sizes (small, regular and extra-large). Price: $160.

Thanks man.

I ordered them a few days ago. :p

Hoping for the best.

They actually just arrived in the mail about 30 minutes ago. :D

The fins fit great(Mares boot sizes are much exaggerated) and feel great.

These are good fins :) i have done a few dives in a pair of these i borrowed whilst my new ones id orderd came and now i wish i had orderd these fins they are quite flexible and do the job perfectly :) hope you like them

Thanks emily!

That's good to hear. Is there a different kicking motion you need to use with these over paddles?

What website?

Scuba.com, just click on fins and you'll see 'em.

They're fantastic in the pool. It'll be another week or two until I can use them on an actual dive.

Back
Top Bottom