M & B Wetsuits Torrance - Horrible Customer Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ttpark

Registered
Reaction score
Your mileage may vary of course.

Don was congenial on the phone. I was to have the legs shortened and the calves and forearms taken in. Price seemed fair. Everything was going great until I got my suit back.

Don had switched the left calf and sewed it back onto the right leg and the right calf onto the left leg placing the zippers in an awkward area. The forearms as well were reattached incorrectly, rotated 120 degrees from where they should have been, once again placing the zippers in an awkward area.

I thought, hey, he's a reasonable guy - should fix it no problem. I tell him the situation and he gets defensive saying things like, "what's wrong with that" and "the suit fits doesn't it". He raises his voice and I raise mine. Then he says send it in and I'll fix it. I say ok but I shouldn't be out shipping again. To which he replies, "I have to spend another 2 hours working on it" then says "I'm going to hang up on you in 3 seconds."

Really? 30 years in business? Am I being unreasonable in expecting a different response?

Call Teresa at New Wave Wetsuits. 714.744.1365
She has made several suits for me, never a problem and while you wait alterations.
Her address in now in Fullerton. Call first.

I second the referral to New Wave. I have never dealt with M & B so I cannot comment on them other than I have seen their suits around. New Wave is where I got my first suit way back in the day and it was great. In my previous dive jobs I have referred tons of customers to them and never heard a bad report back. It's good to see they are still at it and making great suits.

I've certainly had better luck with M&B myself. I have a 13-year old wetsuit of theirs that I still like to pull out of the dive locker when there are visiting SB members... just ask NetDoc himself! When the legs finally fell off, I brought the suit in and had them stitch the legs making it a "3/4 shortie." I had a few other repairs done at the same time... all very nicely. Then when the butt fell out of the suit, I patched it myself with a huge neoprene "patch" from another wetsuit.

Even though it is old and well worn, it is still one of the warmest wetsuits I dive.

Although I've never had Teresa at New Wave do any work for me yet, I've heard very good things about her.

I've had her tailor my Henderson Hoods as well. Let me tell you, once you have had a tailored hood, you will never suffer with an ill fitting hood again.

Teresa is a tough gal and knows her business. She takes great care of her customers.
And her prices are in-line or better than most shops.

I'd like to hear Don's side of the story.

:popcorn:

Really? Call him. 562.421.9905.

When you reattach arms and legs on the wrong side of the suit, what is there to say other than "sorry, I'll take care of it" then take care of it without costing your client another penny or aggravation?

I have had good luck with Theresa at new wave, she made my custom and is currently making one for my four year old son.

Really? Call him. 562.421.9905.

When you reattach arms and legs on the wrong side of the suit, what is there to say other than "sorry, I'll take care of it" then take care of it without costing your client another penny or aggravation?

don't try to seek redress for this in small claims court or the TV equivalent (Judge Judy, the People's Court). The judge might rule that given the mix up in reattaching the legs, that you don't have a leg to stand on. :D Sorry I just could not help myself...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom