Trying to Find a Thicker (about 5mm) Wetsuit Beanie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tstormdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I am looking for a thicker wetsuit beanie to wear with my drysuit whilst cave diving. Most beanies I have found are .5mm- 3mm, with a vast majority being 2 or 3 mm. I'm looking for one in the 4-6mm range (5mm would be perfect). I prefer a beanie because I like to have a wide range of motion of my head. Even though I can wear a hood, if I must, I do not like them,.... too confining feeling. I basically need something to cover my ears. If the water is very much below 70 degrees, I tend to get bad vertigo when the colder water hits my ears The 2mm beanies I typically wear only work marginally well. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Welcome to Terrapin Wet Suits has beanies in whatever weight you want. That's who made my rabbit ears in a 5mm :D
Ber :lilbunny:

Thanks Ber! Those are exactly what I'm looking for. I ordered one tonight! No animal ears though,.... That would look a tad silly cave diving:D, not to mention what it would do to my streamlining. Then again,......... Maybe I can be a dork technical diver:D (if there is such a thing).:rofl3:

There is a slight chance I wore mine in an intro to tech class :D

Silly? Bah! Your skills are better than mine, rock a critter hat!

There is a slight chance I wore mine in an intro to tech class :D

Silly? Bah! Your skills are better than mine, rock a critter hat!

You mean something like this?????

Attachments

• Gilboa Fall MNG 2007 060.jpg
    Gilboa Fall MNG 2007 060.jpg
    400.3 KB · Views: 196
You mean something like this?????

LOL! Yea like that :D and my trim sucks especially in doubles so I know she can pull off the look :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom