Pee Valve vs Catheter.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Depends on the Brazilian doing the waxing. In some cases one might not even want to go diving...

BTW, I spent some time at the Tacoma show talking to a rep about she valves and how they are attached and now I'm trying to figure out how to get my wife to take up diving so she has to use one too. That's all I'm gonna say about that!

:rofl3: :rofl3:

Timegan, I cannot believe no one referred you to this MOST informative thread: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/advanced-scuba-discussions/310029-dry-suits-catheters.html

Hi timegan,
correct me if I'm wrong, but are you asking why the hose on the pee valve doesn't get replaced, like the connecting tube and drainage bag used by patients with bladder problems?
Exactly! and thanks for all the replies. But [that] is what I'm curious to know. It seems from the replies given. It is indeed apples and oranges. Now I must apologize, to any one I may have offended, in my first post by implying " poor souls" that need these daily. I was only being sarcastic about the selling of all meds on TV. Nothing personal.......Tim

Ok, the point that has been slightly mentioned here, but not exactly explained is the medical catheters are actually placed IN you. If the part placed IN you was not cleaned well enough, you could get an infection. With the condom cath style, nothing goes IN you, so the problem isn't there.

Ok, the point that has been slightly mentioned here, but not exactly explained is the medical catheters are actually placed IN you. If the part placed IN you was not cleaned well enough, you could get an infection. With the condom cath style, nothing goes IN you, so the problem isn't there.

You can still get an infection though if you do not clean out the p-valve itself though, always rinse out your p-valve people!

i have to ask, for the guys what if the water is cold and you experience shrinkage, and it is not a straight shot out of the suit. the girls i really do not want to know, but i am assuming you do not use a condom cath. however for the sake of curiousty i would not turn away if something was explained or a pic was put up.

really no splashing, it is kind of a small hole. however i think that diapers are a little funnier.

i have to ask, for the guys what if the water is cold and you experience shrinkage, and it is not a straight shot out of the suit. the girls i really do not want to know, but i am assuming you do not use a condom cath. however for the sake of curiousty i would not turn away if something was explained or a pic was put up.

Ok, here it goes...After you put on a Rochester Wideband, it ain't coming off
until YOU take it off. Shrinkage doesn't matter, the glue is strong enough to allow you to perform amazing feats of strength with your manhood,... if you're up to it. (you know, like the strong man guys pulling a firetruck with their eyelashes).

The tip of a condom cath accepts a barbed attachment from the P-valve hose. We leave enough slack or extra length in this hose to allow for ones penis to point up or down. (comfort depends upon the actual user) A loop of hose tends to work best.
The last stop is the discharge point by way of a hollow thru bolt that's usually located on the thigh area of the divers drysuit. (if a diver ever asks you for help in this area- I would suggest that you run away as fast as possible)

Last but not least- if you find yourself at a dive site and you've left your caths at home, just ask if anyone has a spare...most divers are very helpful...:eyebrow:

I'm pretty sure it was Laura I was talking to at the show. She said she is the one who makes the delrin caps.

Back
Top Bottom