Treasure Hunt / Bonne Terre

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
We just had an amazing time at the Bonne Terre Mine Treasure Hunt. This yearly event is well worth the cost. Not only did we get 4 dives in clearest 58 degree water we have seen, the staff helping make sure everyone has a good time. A unique trip everyone should do at least once. Meet us there next year !

My wife and I decided to spend our 17th wedding aniversary doing the Treasure Hunt dives at the mine. The event was outstanding. Considering the 120+ divers, the staff and volunteers did an exceptional job keeping the event moving along and at the end of the day, I believe the event was still on time.

The treasure dives themselves are alot of fun - a free-for-all trying to find as many chips as possible within the time limits. The water was a clear and balmy 58F (here is a hint for future divers - brave the cold and go without gloves as it is much faster to pick up chips). The bottom got stirred up a little during the hunt, but not bad.

In the end, my wife won a trip to Utopia Village in Utila Honduras. Based on internet research, it looks like the trip will really be great. We are already looking forward to next year's treasure dive.

Thanks for a great experience,

Greg and Brandy Anderson

welcome aboard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom