Looking for a buddy for Capilano river diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CapitanBlack

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Gents, I plan to hike and dive in a pool in Capilano River. The pool is not far from the cleveland dam - I've snorkeled over there in March and measured the depth with a portable sounder - the max depth I've found was 43 ft. There is almost no current in the pool.

Pictures are here: ???-??????? Picasa - CapitanBlack - Capilano River

Does anyone want to join me? The hike is easy, except of its last part, but still something doable. Just for fun.

IMG_6188.JPG

Last edited:
hey i kayak there!! yea ill join you man when you thinking of going

I'd be up some this, just give me some lead time.

I'll bring the video too! :)

Ya im up for that the pictures look great and looks like alot of fun, just let me know when and directions to get there.

There is GPS/map location of the place under the link - ???-??????? Picasa - CapitanBlack - Capilano River

There is a park trail that starts right behind the Capilano Suspension Bridge park's fence, but it doesn't get close to the pool. So, we've went down the hill (sometimes steep enough) for about 150 meters, through the virgin rainforest (logs, fallen trees, and other forest's debris). That wasn't easy, but lots of fun anyway. I don't feel that's will be something impossible with a single-tank scuba set. Going uphill will be not easy too, but the place is only about 150 meters (maybe even less) far from the comfortable trail.

The closest road is the Rabbit Lane, but I never been over there and do not know if it's possible to park.

sounds like a plan!

I went freediving in there before.

things you should know are:
1: there is alot of old junk rusty metal and line in there bring at lest one knife if not two!!
2: when you are coming up try to stick to the side as kayakers are not looking for divers :p

thats all I have. post up here when you want to go :)

I'm ready, but just not this weekend (backpacking)

Next weekend, or during the week?

Back
Top Bottom