Tropic Air?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tropic Air is a top notch operation!!! Cant say enough good about them. We were late (after dark) and when we walked up they just asked our names, said "we have been waiting for you" and got us on our way!

They even check your checked bag claim numbers! Wish the big guys weere that thoro.

Fun flight too!

Sandy!

A couple of weeks ago, you came on this board and said you were off to Belize.

You promised us a trip report.

So......how about it? :D

I've flown with them a few times. Funny story... we were sitting in Flores, Guatemala waiting for a flight back to Belize City, then to Caye Caulker. Our pilot walked in from the tarmac, introduced himself, then walked to the duty-free shop to buy a boat load of liquor and walked back to the place. It was just the three of us on the flight. Me, my gf, the pilot, and all his booze riding shotgun. You just don't have those experiences stateside :)

Sandy!

A couple of weeks ago, you came on this board and said you were off to Belize.

You promised us a trip report.

So......how about it? :D

I have one lingering "issue" I need to get resolved before I give a report. It will determine a big factor of positive or not so positive comments - all depends on the outcome which is pending. I really dont want to fry or praise anyone till I know how its handled.

Sorry to be vague, but till I have a final word from someone on the island, I dont want to give the report.

I'm thinking the word "refund" is involved.

:rtfm:

All,
I went to Belize and returned-- trip report pending and not sure where I'll post it, but just to bring the thread back around as regards Tropic Air:
Best Airline I've flown on (and as a retired Marine, I've flown A LOT).
Friendly, courteous, greeted us by name.
Bags didn't always fly with us, but always got there on the next flight (10 minutes later- just enough time to grab a cold Belikin!), and they always treated them like they were valuable (not like the Samsonite gorillas on the old TV ad).
They even let me take the shotgun seat!
Five stars from this reviewer!
-Jim

I'm thinking the word "refund" is involved.

:rtfm:

Your perception was accurate. There was a billing error and I needed a smal refund and after a few emails all is well. I posted the trip report separate from this thread.

Glad it worked out so well for you.

Thanks for the trip report, btw.

Funny story on Tropic Air from way back in the late 90s...

We had a group of 11 divers travelling together from Belize City to Ambergris. When we got into Belize City, our group leader went over and checked in and told the counter agent for Tropic Air that we had 11 people. There were others waiting for Tropic Air flights as well. At least 4 times over the next 30-45 minutes, the agent would come back and ask the trip leader "Ten right?" and the trip leader would say "No, eleven."

Finally, after about the 4th time he asked, the agent left for a few minutes out onto the tarmac and came back and said "Lets go." We walked out to the plane and as we reached it, he grabbed one of the guys in our group and said "No, you come around this side" and proceeded to put him in the copilot's seat. The pilot did not look happy at all about the whole situation, but we took off, and while we were in flight, the guy's wife wanted to take a picture of him in the copilot's seat. He reached his hands up to pretend to grab the flight controls in front of him, and the pilot reached over and swatted his hands and just said "NO!" then went back to flying the plane and never said another word the rest of the flight.

The second funny thing was that when we had gotten on the plane, there was already another couple on the plane that looked like locals. The lady was carrying a wicker basket with a lid (picture a large picnic basket) on her lap. When we got off the plane in Ambergis and were standing around waiting for our bags, the lady reached down and took the lid off the basket and out pops a fairly good sized dog (picture an 8-12 month old labrador retreiver or weimarunner). There is no way that dog should have been able to fit in the basket she was carrying it in, but the dog just shook himself out and started walking around like it was no big deal.

Tropic Air seemed like a good airline, although my experience with them is obviously over a decade old...but I will never forget that flight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom