Thoughts on Nu Horizons Dive and Travel in Myrtle Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, the shop doesn't own a boat. It uses a friend's boat on a as needed basis. It's a 6 pack that runs out of Murrells Inlet. I'm not sure about pricing this year. I think you need at least 4 to run it.

I was in Nu Horizons a few weeks back talking with them. As others have stated, they do not have their own boat. They may be agreeable to doing your checkout dives by having one of their instructors go with you on Scuba Express's boat.

I've been pleased with Scuba Express, and they did a first class job with an emergency a few weeks back. Diver showed heart attack symptoms after a deeper dive. Crew responded and contacted USCG. A helicopter already in the area responded, rescue diver and all. Transported the victim at under 300 foot altitude in case DCS was present. Victim treated at hospital and released a few days later. First rate job all around.

There is also another shop in North Myrtle, but recent reviews by others have been less than glowing. YMMV

After re-reading the original post, I think I may have misunderstood. Although Nu Horizons is a NAUI shop, if you don't need NAUI instruction, then any of the shops in the area are fair game. If this is the case, Scuba Express is the one shop I have used for diving (vs buying equipment) and plan on doing so again. They offer both OW and AOW dives (shallow and deeper) so just check with them about the schedule. Good folks both in the shop and on the boat.

Back
Top Bottom