Da Bunny is headed to Sanilac tomorrow! Pre-trip report plus post trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ber Rabbit

Floppy Ear Mod
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The car is packed and its almost bedtime. Tomorrow morning we caravan to Four Fathoms for the afternoon charter! We will also dive the morning charter Sunday before heading home.

This trip was for my advanced class to get to dive the wrecks. I also have a couple of the master diver students from my instructors class.

Well that was the plan at least. Now all 3 of my students have dropped off the trip for one reason or another. I did manage to fill 2 of the spots, just leaving the other spot open so we don't have to dive a threesome.

Planned dives are the Regina and Sport then the Mary Alice B and Strong. Personally the Regina has always been a bad experience for me with 2 of the 3 dives I've done on her being terrifying in some respect. I'm taking 29% this time so hopefully the narcosis monster leaves me alone. My husband gave Notso_ken the "take care of my wife, you know how narced she gets" talk. Apparently he's pretty worried about me making this trip without him.

Hopefully the weather will cooperate. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
Ber :lilbunny:

Last edited:
From the other weekend at Gilboa...in reference to the Regina...

"You're diving WHAT wreck....I can't believe they named a boat that...." Lol

Tha Ra jine uh LOL! Still snickering about that one.

Well I did it, I actually had a good dive on her even though my buddy's camera housing opened and his camera fell out before we got to the wreck. Nothing like being nervous at the beginning of the dive and having to run a search pattern at 75 feet :D I also recovered a snorkel another diver in my group lost.

Visibility was probably 30 feet. We tied in to the stern and I took the camera along. I'm hoping I got some good shots of the prop among other things. My hands were so cold by the end of the dive I could barely work the camera. I had worn wet gloves instead of dry ones to reduce my stress level, leaving the camera wasn't an option :)

We swam from stern to bow along the sand then returned along the bottom of the inverted ship. I'm just pleased to have had an enjoyable dive on her, now I'm batting 50%!

Second dive was on the sport and I was a little shutter bug since the wreck is so small. Visibility was good here as well. We had calm seas until we came up from this dive then we probably had some 1 foot waves to deal with, no biggie.

Bottom temp on the Regina was 46 degrees and on the Sport it was 54 degrees. The thermocline is at about 33 feet. You couldn't ask for a better day!

It's about bedtime, will probably post tomorrows adventures on Monday. It's raining right now and I have a belly full of lasagna so I'm ready for a nap.

Was the new historical marker still in place on the sport? We tried to get out there this afternoon but had issues with the outdrive and scrapped the last two dives.

Glad you had a nice swim on the Regina. She is one of my favorite, especially if you spend time on the debris field.

I'm taking 29% this time so hopefully the narcosis monster leaves me alone. My husband gave Notso_ken the "take care of my wife, you know how narced she gets" talk.

Huh, rabbits get narced. Who knew. :D Probably all the blood flow trying keep the ears warm.

Yes the new marker is still standing. Got some pretty decent pics of it. Looks really nice!

Well we are blown off for today :( Was really wanting to get photos on the Mary Alice B :( :(

Bummer.

Was the new historical marker still in place on the sport? We tried to get out there this afternoon but had issues with the outdrive and scrapped the last two dives.

Glad you had a nice swim on the Regina. She is one of my favorite, especially if you spend time on the debris field.

Tha Ra jine uh LOL! Still snickering about that one.

Well I did it, I actually had a good dive on her even though my buddy's camera housing opened and his camera fell out before we got to the wreck. Nothing like being nervous at the beginning of the dive and having to run a search pattern at 75 feet :D I also recovered a snorkel another diver in my group lost.

Visibility was probably 30 feet. We tied in to the stern and I took the camera along. I'm hoping I got some good shots of the prop among other things. My hands were so cold by the end of the dive I could barely work the camera. I had worn wet gloves instead of dry ones to reduce my stress level, leaving the camera wasn't an option :)

We swam from stern to bow along the sand then returned along the bottom of the inverted ship. I'm just pleased to have had an enjoyable dive on her, now I'm batting 50%!

Second dive was on the sport and I was a little shutter bug since the wreck is so small. Visibility was good here as well. We had calm seas until we came up from this dive then we probably had some 1 foot waves to deal with, no biggie.

Bottom temp on the Regina was 46 degrees and on the Sport it was 54 degrees. The thermocline is at about 33 feet. You couldn't ask for a better day!

It's about bedtime, will probably post tomorrows adventures on Monday. It's raining right now and I have a belly full of lasagna so I'm ready for a nap.

I'm glad no names were nemtioned!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom