Geo 2.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Reef Tank

Great information, not only for me, but also for the other folks posting here. Glad to hear the battery problem does not show up on your Geo 2. With the download cable, do you need special software, or can you go straight to something like Excel?

With the download you need there software which is a free download. As with all dive computer manufactures the USB lead is a ripoff price. I have mine set on a 30sec sample rate and it holds over 40 dives. I have never put a battery in yet but they give you the tool to open the back and it is a standard battery.

Phil

Attachments

• Dive Nippo.jpg
    Dive Nippo.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 114
Thanks Phil!

I was pretty sure the USB would be high priced. Glad to know the S/ware is free! Looks pretty useful, too.

I had an older model GEO and recently sold it, but had no battery problems with mine. I now have a GEO 2.0 to use as a backup, but haven't dived it yet and won't be able to for a few more weeks.

One of my sons also has a GEO 2.0., so yes, people do own them.

If you need a download cable, they are the same as the older GEO and Atom 2.0, so you may be able to find a used one or one at a discount. The computer comes with a software disc and you download the software from Oceanic if you lose the disc. One nice thing about the 2.0 model is that you can update the firmware without having to send the computer in to oceanic. The software will also check for software updates if you tell it to, and download those.

Thanks Reef Tank

Great information, not only for me, but also for the other folks posting here. Glad to hear the battery problem does not show up on your Geo 2. With the download cable, do you need special software, or can you go straight to something like Excel?

The download cable works with their software which can be downloaded from their website for free. The logs can then be exported to flat files (text, delimited) which can then be imported into most any spreadsheet/database but their program is quite nice.

Thanks jd950 and Reef Tank. Good tip on finding the download cable on the aftermarket! Also good to know I can use other tools to analyze or track my dives. I appreciate the help!

Foolish question: I've looked at the Oceanic website and cannot see much more than cosmetic differences between the Geo 2.0 and the Veo 2.0. I see that the interface & buttons are different but it seems to have essentially identical capabilities with the exception of the Geo 2.0 being able to program multiple gases. It also seems the Geo 2.0 functions as a clock/chrono.

If someone who has purchased the Geo 2.0 got a great deal, would you please message me the store you bought it from? Thanks!

If someone who has purchased the Geo 2.0 got a great deal, would you please message me the store you bought it from? Thanks!

I called LeisurePro today about a Geo 2.0 and it is $300 with the Oceanic Trade-In Program. I have a Zeagle Status I that I'll probably trade-in.

Anyone have the Oceanic Geo 2.0? Are you pleased with it? Would you recommend it? Wish you had bought something else?

It's high on my list of "next toy to get" and I want to make sure it deserves that spot.

Thanks!

I purchased a new Geo 2.0 in March and used it for the first time last week in Bonaire. It did take a day to get used to all the features, even after reading the manual.

It was very easy for me to read yet its really compact and I wore it as my watch all week. Features I enjoy inlcude being able to navigate settings in either direction, the gas switching (I was breathing EAN 32, but used air profile since rest of my family not Nitrox certified),the quick access to last dive info, and running dive history display.

I had read about battery problems with earlier Geo models, but haven't had an issue. I activated it in March (it stays on in watch mode) and used it last week for 15 dives and ~ 12 hours diving. Lastly, its pretty sharp looking and I was able to get it new, with warranty for less than $350.00 on ebay.

kind of related question...

I have an original GEO as i couldn't afford the 2.0 with the rest of my dive gear...

someone made the comment that I'll need to upgrade it when i do DM and IDC... is this really the case? it does everything that i can see, while it's not a tec diving computer, it does to deco diving and it has nitrox...

what other features do i apparently need, or is this a pissing contest thing?

kind of related question...

I have an original GEO as i couldn't afford the 2.0 with the rest of my dive gear...

someone made the comment that I'll need to upgrade it when i do DM and IDC... is this really the case? it does everything that i can see, while it's not a tec diving computer, it does to deco diving and it has nitrox...

what other features do i apparently need, or is this a pissing contest thing?

The main differences i can see over the Geo 1.0 is dual algorithm ( not necessary ), deepstop and two gas.
Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom