Emergency training with Air II like second air source

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So you can hover horizontally while breathing normally from your Air2 while dumping air from your BC?

Absolutely.

Of course this is with a wing and rear dump valves don't count.

OK, I have to know.

Why don't rear dump valves count?

Just push the deflate button and you dump air from the bladder?

Yep. All the laws of physics are still in effect while using an Air-2.

Terry

OK, I have to know.

Why don't rear dump valves count?

Because people have been saying they can breath through the reg while using the inflator to dump air.

I mean, if that can be done and you can easily control your buoyancy while breathing through an Air2, then that's the end of the story, but if the Air2 complicates buoyancy control while it's being used as a reg, then that's something that a user needs to be aware of and train to overcome.

Because people have been saying they can breath through the reg while using the inflator to dump air.

Yep. Works fine. I do it maybe a dozen times/week during the school year.

I mean, if that can be done and you can easily control your buoyancy while breathing through an Air2, then that's the end of the story, but if the Air2 complicates buoyancy control while it's being used as a reg, then that's something that a user needs to be aware of and train to overcome.

All the buttons and the regulator work exactly the same, regardless of whether it's in your mouth or your hand.

Terry

So you can hover horizontal breathing through the inline reg and release air by pushing the dump button on it? I'm impressed. How did they work the remote valve for it? Contained in the hose?

So you can hover horizontal breathing through the inline reg and release air by pushing the dump button on it? I'm impressed. How did they work the remote valve for it? Contained in the hose?

Why are you hovering horizontally when you're in an OOA situation with another diver? Why are you not securing this person and then begin a controlled ascension?

Beautiful rig, isn't it? Those H boys sure know how to make some sweet gears.

Oh, the story just gets better.

HalcyonInfiniti004.jpg
[/QUOTE]

So you can hover horizontally while breathing normally from your Air2 while dumping air from your BC? Of course this is with a wing and rear dump valves don't count. Just push the deflate button and you dump air from the bladder?

Why are you hovering horizontally when you're in an OOA situation with another diver? Why are you not securing this person and then begin a controlled ascension?

I have the same question. Why worry about staying horizontal when sharing air with a diver that may be on the edge of panic, thinking about nothing but how to get to the surface?

BTW, rear dumps do count for most divers.:wink:

Overhead environment perhaps. I only occasionally go vertical underwater even when I'm ascending. If I do it, it's to follow the contours of what I'm looking at.

I have the same question. Why worry about staying horizontal when sharing air with a diver that may be on the edge of panic, thinking about nothing but how to get to the surface?

BTW, rear dumps do count for most divers.:wink:

Of course rear dumps count, but if you HAVE to use them because your primary dump doesn't function in the usual manner, then that needs to be recognized and anticipated.

Besides, I never mentioned sharing air. It could just be a second stage failure.

The OP's question was whether he'd have to do anything different than ordinary to dump air during an ascent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom