USS Kittiwake-Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

willfitz

New
Reaction score
Does anyone have information on when this ship is supposed to be sunk off of 7 mile beach. I've heard spring of 2010, but wanted to see if anyone has any other info?

Don't count on it, they were suppose to sink it last year and now the CI government is crying the blues that they are in debt. I live here and no word from the water sports association or the marine peeps.. Stick with Key largo to key West for wrecks..and the water is warm

I heard recently that this project is proceeding and set for completion later in 2010. That said, I've heard it before.

I've asked two people who work for the Cayman government and let's just say that while I'm certain they are wonderful people, their communication skills (as in ability to "reply") are lacking.

That kind of silence by government officials tends to lend itself to the belief that they're in face-saving mode and that the Kittiwake will remain in the reserve fleet in South Carolina or go to scrap instead.

Weather permitting the official sinking date is the 27th July 2010 and it should be open for divers from the 29th July.

6 days. 6 stinking days. We are schedule to dive with OF from July 10 to July 22 and fly home July 23rd. 6 stinking days and now I have to wait another year...........

dammit, ill be off island that week ... will miss the sinking. At least ill dive it the following week though ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom