Memorial Day Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BobbyT22

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all. I have good news and bad news. The bad news is I had to cancel my trip to San Diego, so left coast diving for me next week. The good news is I can probably dive here on Monday. Lynnhaven is scheduled to dive the Eureka, but weather looks iffy. Monday is probably the best of all three days forecast wise. What is everyone else doing?

Rob

Neg, no trip. I stopped by Lynnhaven Friday to sign up, and they told me all trips were cancelled this weekend, including Monday. I knew the forecast was marginal, but I thought I'd give it a shot. The kicker is I took my daughter to the beach today, Dam Neck, and the ocean was flat calm. I could make out Ches light on the horizon, and it looked as flat as a pancake from here to there. Oh well, I hope somebody made it out.

But I knocked out the honey do list big time, so I am clear for next weekend if the weather cooperates.

Looking forward to you trip report....

Rob

That's strange considering Will ran his boat (which is quite a bit smaller than the Lindsey) all the way to the Eastern Shore today. Reporting 2 ft seas.

Rob,

If diving was cancelled today, it wasn't because of the weather....

I made a 70nm run up the eastern shore today making 30+ knots both ways. It wasn't flat calm but gentle slow rolling swells with wind S 10 kts. The sea state was about 2 ft. RAD Diver can atest, if I can push my boat to 37kts with a full load, seas aren't much more than 2ft (max speed is 44 knots loaded).

It would've been a perfect day to make it out to the Eureka but we'd planned on Monroe for today. Glad we went, it was very nice. We departed at 0720 this morning and my divers were in the water at 0945!

Safe Diving,
Wil

Awesome, glad you folks got to dive. Maybe the dive was un-cancelled at the last minute and the boat went anyway, sure hope they did. I hope the weather is as good next weekend. I'm gonna fill my doubles with 32 percent mix tomorrow to be ready!

Rob

Rob,
I was planning on diving Lindsey tomorrow. I called the shop to see if it was going and Bruce told me the boat was not available due to some sort of warranty work and he wasn't sure if would be avaviable for tomorrow. ?? So the weather wasn't the issue this weekendf for a change.

Kevin K

Rob,

Sorry to hear that the trip out to the West coast was canceled (ok sorry about the diving being canceled that you were planning). Since you got the honey do list completed does that mean you are getting some time off for good behavior and are diving?

I'm am updating my old Dacor XLE setup (assuming that LP delivers this week) and may get the blessing to go diving...figure I'll ask early and hope for the best.

Wil,

It sounds like you hit another great dive site with perfect weather. Thankfully, soccer season is over, so now I might be able to get a little extra diving in...If you are heading out on a weekend and have an extra spot I'd love to join you some time.

Ted

Ted,
I am ready to dive either Saturday or Sunday, whichever is better. I will call Lynnhaven to see if the miss lindsey is running. I have a ticket from last year I'd like to use up. But, I am up for anything, any boat, from Va Beach to Nags Head to Hatteras, if someone wants to team up and/or invite us along. Morehead is probably farther than I want to drive, especially if there is an opportunity close to home. I Hope the weather cooperates. Right now the forecast (usuallywrongcast) is calling for 2-3 ft, 10-15 kts both Sat and Sun. Typical offshore forecast and very diveable.

Rob

Rob, Ted, Kevin,
The next weekend I've got free is 19/20 Jun. Taking a group of returning Veterans out fishing this weekend with the Norfolk Anglers Club. Next weekend I'm traveling...

Safe Diving,
Wil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom