Why PADI do support for them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

32% and 36% (not 40%).

Nitrox tables work as the normal table, with diferents values.

This discussion it's over as it's very clear that PADI dosn't care 4 costumers (care 4 money as we know it very well).

Next time I 'll find an CMAS or SSI instructor.

but there WILL be a test... (and make sure you ask to see their instructor card)

Maybe you paid for the course but it sure doesn't sound like you got one... If all you wanted was a C-card than ok, but the course should give you more than just copied tables and a card... This doesn't sound like PADI issue (at least not directly) but as a police issue since they cheated you...

They cheated me, is true, but they are PADI certified instructors.

The owner gave me an individual 15/20 minutes class explaning how the tables worked (I knowed...), explaning why Nitrox is not to deep diving, etc.

Next day the instructor show us how to analise the mix on the cilinder and adverted us to do it again before the dive to prevent take a diferent cilinder with a diferent mix.

Nobody gave me the questions and I didn' t ask because as a especiality course it may work diferently as others PADI courses I did (AOW and Rescue as the OW course I did with CMAS).

The last day the instructor filled the envelope to PADI certification in front of me (I gave they the photos) detaching from the temporary certification they gave me.

PADI told me that this diving center (Dive Break) is not PADI certified. Ok, but instructors are owner are PADI certified indidivuals. By the way, I can give similar situations within PADI 5 stars resorts in Egypt.

"a police issue"

Sure! But I was adverted to don't go to the turist or regular police for 2 diferent persons: the owners of these diving centers on the big hotels may control the police and I can get myself in troubles. Don't forget that it was in Egypt.

they could be from any agency and still be crooks.Cannot say PADI cheated you.

Next day the instructor show us how to analise the mix on the cilinder and adverted us to do it again before the dive to prevent take a diferent cilinder with a diferent mix.

did the instructor have you fill in and sign a log for the fill?

Nobody gave me the questions and I didn' t ask because as a especiality course it may work diferently as others PADI courses I did (AOW and Rescue as the OW course I did with CMAS).

if you did not take a test and do the knowledge reviews and watch the video you did not take a specilaity course.

The last day the instructor filled the envelope to PADI certification in front of me (I gave they the photos) detaching from the temporary certification they gave me.
you should have been advised to have taken the pic envelope home and mail it in from there.

PADI told me that this diving center (Dive Break) is not PADI certified. Ok, but instructors are owner are PADI certified indidivuals. By the way, I can give similar situations within PADI 5 stars resorts in Egypt.

Does not have to be a PADI resort facility to issue certification card.Instructor can issue card on their own without the resort being a PADI facility.Sounds like either the instructor is NOT a PADI instructor,or not in teaching status or not certified to teach nitrox.Give us a name and instructor number and any PADI pro can check to see if this instructor is in teaching status.Sorry about you having been ripped off.If the instructor truly is a PADI instructor and in teaching status and can issue nitrox certifications I am sure PADI will query this issue and get it straightend out.If the instructor is not in teaching status there is nothing PADI can do.

The owner gave me an individual 15/20 minutes class explaning how the tables worked (I knowed...), explaning why Nitrox is not to deep diving, etc.

You contacted PADI and they told you that the dive center is not PADI. However, you do not say whether or not you asked about the Instructors.

As oly5050user indicated, just because an Instructor CLAIMS to be with PADI does not mean they are affiliated with the agency. There are instances where an Instructor may originally be certified by PADI but either is not current with either their membership or is not in teaching status for insurance reasons. Also, if they were sanctioned by PADI for not adhering to standards, they may well be either suspended or banned from PADI.

PADI has no control over someone who is no longer a member of the agency.

Tikal, you cannot be mad at PADI about this. They have rules about what is required to issue certification. It is not in their best interest to deny certification to someone arbitrarily so obviously there is an issue at the location where you got your training. That is where your anger belongs. Spending time on this board saying bad things about PADI is not right and is not going to help your situation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom