Tacoma Dive & Travel Expo May 22-23d, 2010 - Who's coming??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We're coming again, though a bit later in the day on saturday than normal with the I-5 lane closures south of Tacoma.

Yes, it's worth driving an hour to go to....we drive up from Vancouver, which is 2 hours away! :D

Interesting.. I hadn't heard anything about this, but I may have to venture down there! Sounds like it could be a lot of fun!

Thanks Bob,

I'm in the market for a camera and housing as I can't seem to find a reasonably priced housing for my Panasonic Lumix.

I will attend on Saturday.

Does Dive Rite vend at this show?

I agree with NW Gratefuldiver about Jack. He is very helpful, is an underwater photographer and stands behind what he sells. One of the things that irritates me about the show is you have a lot of vendors but very few selling product. Most are show and tell not show and sell

I agree with NW Gratefuldiver about Jack. He is very helpful, is an underwater photographer and stands behind what he sells. One of the things that irritates me about the show is you have a lot of vendors but very few selling product. Most are show and tell not show and sell

From what I'm told that is changing this year ... remember, this is only the third year this expo has happened ... it's evolving and improving every year.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I will be driving down from the Vancouver up north. This is a good show and I enjoyed it when I attended in 2008.

Where can you download the discount coupon?

Here's a link for the show:

NW Dive & Travel Expo. Access from the freeway and parking is easy. If you get there early you may be able to park on the street.

I've attended many shows and this one is fairly unique in that there are a lot of local dive manufacturers that don't travel or exhibit otherwise. Lots of stuff to see, places to dive and more!

As far as selling at the show, it falls under the same guidelines that many do; no sales of life support gear, etc. Many vendors travel to the show from elsewhere and can't bring stock, or are manufacturers supporting their dealers.

Definitely worth a short drive to see!

Jack

I had an incredible time there last year. And I'd recommend that, if you're a SB member and attending the show, you get yourself a stick-on nametag with your user name on it. I ran into SO many people I had only known on line at last year's show!

One of the greatest things about the Expo is getting to talk to people from the destinations and charters around the area, including up in Canada. I got lots of good ideas for trips, and we've already put a couple of them into action so far this spring.

According to the list ScubaBoard has a booth. Not sure why they haven't posted about it...?

Jack

Rick and his team do an amazing job with this show. If you like to dive, you want to see the latest in gear, check out the destinations and all things in diving, it is worth the trip. You should definatley check it out.

We would not miss it! Nick, Mark and the crew will be there in booth 924. www.intothedrink.tv

Back
Top Bottom