OBX vs Morehead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emcbride81

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey gang

Staying in OBX in a couple of weeks and debating on whether to dive out of there or make the 3 hour trip south to Morehead. Is one area necessarily better than the other?

Eric, neither is really better than the other, it really depends on what you are looking for. Also depends if you are talking Nags Head/ Corolla or Hatteras Island both considered OBX, but worlds apart in the terms of diving.

I like diving Morehead City a lot of really good operators who will take good care of you, but I really prefer Hatteras.

Same water temps & conditions. Plus has that small town feel still to it. No real night life to speak of, but a beautiful beach to play on (or drive on) if you are blown out, also hop a ferry to Ocracoke for a fun day.

I can give op recommendations either place you decide on.

I will be staying in nags head...was thinking about OBX divers, but don't know much about them. Would be interested in Hatteras though, it isnt too far of a drive is it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom