Fisheye Fix S90 housing and camera bouyancy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To remove the camera pull the mode dial control up and then flip the housing over and smack it gently with the palm of your hand and it should fall out. It tends to seat snugly into the ring control on the housing.

I do have a small plastic pick and a small plastic O ring tool which can be used to assist the camera case to open, which is my bigger problem. They should have put a finger grip to open the housing, it is just too smooth and too flush and too precise of a fit to gather any advantage sometimes.

N

I find that if I fully rotate the latch to open it pops the case open.

As for smacking it gently, that doesn't seem to work for me and I do lift the mode control up. Perhaps, it needs a little more slap. I am trying to find a small plastic pry bar to pop it free.

By the way the little Moisture Munch capsules fit perfectly in the cavity on the right side of housing.

By the way the little Moisture Munch capsules fit perfectly in the cavity on the right side of housing.

Yep, that is where I have been putting mine. N

I find that if I fully rotate the latch to open it pops the case open.

As for smacking it gently, that doesn't seem to work for me and I do lift the mode control up. Perhaps, it needs a little more slap. I am trying to find a small plastic pry bar to pop it free.

I've had the same problem. Pulling the mode control up is essential, of course, but at that point all that's left to do is start smacking my fragile toy harder than I'd like, repeatedly, until it finally pops out. Some sort of smallish plastic prying tool may be a good idea.

Post back if you come up with something, and I'll do the same.

Take your pinky and press on the top of the camera after retracting the mode dial, then press on the bottom, then turn it over into the palm of your hand. N

Back
Top Bottom