Fisheye FIX for the S90

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just got back from visiting my sister in Honolulu where I managed to get 8 dives in along the southern coast of Oahu.
I have the S90 in the FIX case and have the UWL-04 on the FIX ST mount. I love the UWL-04. If I had to do it over again I probably would have gotten the 67mm mount but its a minor point because I don't really change lenses when I'm under.
The UWL-04 assists in taking magnificent pictures and doesn't appear to vignette at 28mm. At full wide I often get a bit of the pedal of the lens hood in one of the corners but I believe that has more to do with the mounting clamp than the lens. (I will likely look into making my own mount in the future.)
I wouldn't call the lens sharp above water but I had fun playing with it and got some good over under shots and some fun shots from my sisters balcony.
Here are a few pictures I've posted and I'll try and get some more examples up when I have time:

Oahu May 2010 - a set on Flickr

-a

Avster, excellent photos, a little clear water and the FIX plus S90 and -04 lens is a great combination, thanks for sharing your photos.

I have ordered the Fisheye UWL-04 lens a week ago, I recieved the Fisheye aluminum threaded mount for it yesterday. I will be doing a pool shoot off between the Inon 165AD, Inon UWL100 plus dome and the Fisheye UWL-04 lenses in the not distant future. I will shoot a target of some sort, the goal is to determine sharpness, flare, DOF abd diagonal FOV, tendency to vignette and overall IQ. May the best lens win!

N

does anyone have a name for this little guy?

204e.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom