Fusion - saggy crotch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tomdell

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am in love with my Fusion having had it for one year and logged hundred dives. Because it is unisex and was, most probably, designed by men my Fusion is saggy at crotch :idk:. I am thinking about some kind of crotch harness. Any ideas? Thank you very much.

Does your BC allow for a crotch strap? That may kill 2 birds with one stone.

In your case, you might have been a candidate for one size smaller skin...a few dealers are mixing/matching inner/outer sizes to customize fit...

Crotch strap sounds like a good solution for in-water use...

Is just the outer skin being pulled down - maybe by stuff in the pockets (the suspenders keep my inner bag up nicely)? Securing the pockets took care of my sagging issues.

And I, too, find that the crotch strap takes care of a loose crotch when kitted up.

Thanks, everyone - I might just make a crotch strap. My Fusion skin does not have pockets, so it is not an issue.
Having dived in my Fusion for more than a year I am very happy with it. The lycra skin barely has a velcro burn, small cuts from kneeling on sea urchins on exits (not by choice, just was thrown by surf). The inner shell is very easy to repair and the repaired sites hold on very well. Love my Fusion, pity that Australia still does not have LDSs which sell Fusion and do seals replacement...

Thanks, everyone - I might just make a crotch strap. My Fusion skin does not have pockets, so it is not an issue.
Having dived in my Fusion for more than a year I am very happy with it. The lycra skin barely has a velcro burn, small cuts from kneeling on sea urchins on exits (not by choice, just was thrown by surf). The inner shell is very easy to repair and the repaired sites hold on very well. Love my Fusion, pity that Australia still does not have LDSs which sell Fusion and do seals replacement...

Sorry so late in this thread....

Della, you were able to patch your fusion from the urchins....I KNOW you can replace the seals with the Dry Adhesive seals we offer :wink: You didn't think you could fix your suit, and you trusted me. Let me know when you need new seals and I will walk you through it.

PM me when you have a chance, I think I have a smaller skin lingering around I could send you

Dear Mike,
Nice to hear from you. I am totally and passionately in love with my Fusion - no way I will get back to any other drysuits. After a year of intensive diving the suit is still like new, just perfect. I had adhesive seals but was scared to get them done myself, so I paid 250 dollars for the professional to fix them. Now I have got a flash on my notebook (you know, 64-bit browser does not allow for a adobe Flash player, so I changed it to 32 -bit and got a player). Yes, I would love to get a new set of seals just to be safe with winter fast approaching. If you really have a smaller skin it might be an answer to my problem, please, let me know. I will purchase seals now through Dive Rigfht in Scuba website.
Thank you for replying.
The best wishes,
Della:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom