Gerber Multi Tool

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SULLIVAN2049

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Does anyone know if a Gerber Multi tool will rust in fresh water? I have thought about taking it diving in one of my BCD pockets, but I think it would rust. Anyone tried this before? Thx John

I don't know much about these kind of tools. I would think yes, they may tend to rust (lots of joints usually). Why do you want so many tools down there any way? You won't be doing any regulator or BC repairs down there. Why take something bulky like that? A simple, small, blunt tip dive knife or EMT sheers will do fine. You only need something to cut yourself free from entanglement or to pry something up, not an "all- in- one tool box".

Yes, they will rust.

I was afraid they would and perhaps the are a bit much for diving. Just had them and thought they might come in handy but if they rust and are too overboard then they can stay in the dive kit I am making. Thx for the replies. John

A simple rinse after the dive and then spray it down with WD-40 will make the Gerber tool; or any multitool from any manufacturer, lasts a lifetime. WD-40 is like $4/can in Wal-Mart.

Back
Top Bottom