voodoo gas tank stickers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am a little worried because Voodoo gas stickers still aren't supposed to be the identifying tank sticker to indicate the special Nitrox or SafeAir tank. Nitrox or SafeAir stickers are really the only ones. Though Voodoo Gas is technically the "SafeAir" reference even shops that call it VooDoo Gas still require the Nitrox sticker on them. VooDoo Gas is just a fun name for what was once the Taboo air mix for a small percentage of divers some years ago. So I guess I am curious as to why people were referencing that you should put the stickers on O2 cleaned tanks...in my mind they are no different than throwing on any manufacturer's sticker...doesn't mean anything...nor should it.

Now, you want SafeAir or Nitrox stickers...then I understand.

Man, you guys a are rough, notice the quotes around "incorrect"

In any event, does not matter if the shop is right or wrong, if they don't like the stickers they don't need to fill your cylinders. And there are shops that are hard over and you can have issues.

Sorry for the full disclosure, I do have these stickers on my cylinders. But I know the shops around here are enlightened.

I too have these stickers because they are funny and not as overly dramatics than regular Nitrox tank wrapper. They say that it may contain gaz other than air and to check the containt label. That is the important sticker, the containt label with the mix and mod.

By the way, nitrox 21 is just plain old air, so, don't you need nitrox sticker anyway?... :)

Many of my friends want these sticker for their tank after having seen mine. I'm spreading the virus. Mouahahah!!

I too have my personal tanks labeled "VooDoo Gas" ...they're FUN!

Our Nitrox "Rental" tanks have traditional tank bands.

When we fill your personal tanks...I only care about the VIP (02 clean to accept 100% )
We fill PP..
Of course, some kind of content sticker is needed...we can use "traditional" content stickers if that's what you want or ??
I just want you to have a label indicating the mix..

Back
Top Bottom