looking for some place warm, 5-12 June...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Red_5

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
any deals / trips to be had for the 5-12 June time frame?

looking for something warm, off the CONUS if possible, but yet has to be reasonably priced.

something easy to dive as I'll have a brand spankin new OW diver with me.

any package deals to CZM or other Caribbean destinations?

trips (boat or plane) from MIA/FLL to the Bahamas?

sorry. most stuff I've been on has been pre arranged and I'm at a loss at where to begin, I just know we want to get in the water :wink:

I already looked over the site for trips and bargains and didn't find anything... hopefully someone who's got their finger on whats going on can help us out (?) tnx :)

thanks Robin :)

I just noticed you are in Colorado. YOu have direct flights on Frontier to Cozumel. (there was a group on our boat all week from Boulder) For the price, it is just a cheap for a trip to Cozumel as it is to go to Keys from CO. The diving is much better in Coz. :D

robin:D

Kona diving in June is pretty easy - i.e. OK for new divers.

There is the manta ray night dive that is a great dive!

would you consider a slightly longer flight? Then why not take a look at the Red Sea. I know it's a longer trip but to be fair you sleep most of the time on the plane anyway :wink:

There are plenty of options in the Egyptian Red Sea. Most value for money you get from a liveaboard trip where you get 3 day dives every day and night dives depending on location and/or itinerary.

If you want to read a bit more on Diving in the Red Sea and Liveaboards check out WELCOME TO AZIAB and if you have more questions feel fre to email me.

...a...

Frontier's flights to CZM is seasonal, and they won't be flying down there till October (based upon a phone call I had with them on friday)

I'd love to go to Egypt.. but if I'm going there, there is so much of Ancient Egypt I want to see as well.. I'd imagine nothing short of a 30 day trip for that :wink:

sill looking at options... thanks for all your input so far.. and yes, CZM does look very tempting.

Frontier's flights to CZM is seasonal, and they won't be flying down there till October (based upon a phone call I had with them on friday)
I'd love to go to Egypt.. but if I'm going there, there is so much of Ancient Egypt I want to see as well.. I'd imagine nothing short of a 30 day trip for that :wink:

sill looking at options... thanks for all your input so far.. and yes, CZM does look very tempting.

uuhhh... then how did the plane get there and back last week with the group we know and dived with all week from Denver? Six people, Frontier, direct flight.

edit: errr.... you're right, I just checked their website:
http://www.frontierairlines.com/frontier/flight-info/mexico-timetable.do

says they are still running flights to Cancun, just don't go to Coz again until Oct. That is really odd.
well, you can still fly to Cozumel on another airline, American Continental and Delta all go there, you will just have to make a stop along the way. We flew AA this past trip, stop in Dallas both ways.. no biggy, plus bags were free!

robin

Let's talk about value and the best diving, not cheap. I believe that you should pick your dive destination by the best diving, not the cheapest prices. Then you can scale your accommodations to meet your budget. We have lost SO much coral in the Caribbean and you can certainly find deals to places where the diving sucks and you won't know it till you're there.

My recommendation is to look at Fiji. From CO you can hop a flight to LAX and take Air Pacific to Fiji for about as much as the Caribbean with MUCH better diving. Leave on Thursday night arrive in Fiji Saturday (over the dateline). Dive 6 days, then do some cool zip lining or river rafting, have some way cool cultural experiences, fly home on Saturday.

There are many different dive areas in Fiji and over 350 resorts to choose from depending on your budget and the type of diving you are looking for. Diving varies all over Fiji.

June is the dry season and the better visibility time of year in Fiji, though the water is a bit cooler (this is relative of course!) and it can be a bit windier.

I do know of some deals, plus if you are going to the Scuba Show in Long Beach next weekend, you'll be sure to find some there.

If you'd like more on choosing a dive destination, check out my blog, Blog

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom