Diving tips around Park City in late July?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gunpowderboy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Since I had great success in getting tips for diving in SoCal on this board, I'm trying my luck again.

I'll be in Park City for business around the end of July (29 July - 1 August) and would love to do a dive or two. Where would you reccomend to go? What are the best sites for an AOW with 35+ dives? And where should I head to rent equipment?

Thanks in advance!

There's the old standby of the Homestead Crater, which should be experienced at least once. It's around 92°F year round, goes down about 60 ft, and is the go-to spot for most of the dive shop training classes around here. They also have equipment available for rental on the spot.

In July, though, you would definitely enjoy Strawberry Reservoir. Last year, I had the pleasure of diving through a glittering, beautiful kelp forest out there. Amazing dive, and the reservoir varies greatly depending on where and when you go. Strawberry - Soldier Creek Scuba

The drawback to Strawberry is that you would probably need to come down the canyon to Water World in Provo in order to rent your equipment and get air fills. You would do well to check with the folks at Homestead - they MIGHT rent equipment for offsite diving, but I have my doubts.

If you only need tanks, let me know. I'd be happy to come dive with you if you'll need a buddy, and pick some tanks up on the way. Either way, shoot me a PM.

+1 for Homestead if you're in the area.. it's warm.. was just there 2 weeks ago.. water temp was 93°

It's no frills diving.. no wildlife or plants.. visibility can vary...
it's interesting the first time..
if you can plan to dive mid day+ and do so with the sun shining down through the top of the dome, that would probably be pretty cool (all my dives there have been early morning so I've missed out on the sunshine.. but I have looked down through the top of the dome later in the day and it does look mighty inviting!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom