2009 Halcyon Eclipse with Stainless Steel Backplate, 40lb lift wing....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iazzettafm

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Weighted single tank adapter, and weight and trim pockets, hith spare air harness (for dry suit gas or spare air) and sure grip straps. Total package currently retails over $800. Asking for $500 plus shipping.

Why am I selling a rig I only used less than ten times? Simple: I divorced the wanna be techie, realized it never was a dream of my own, and I miss my jacket style BCD with console computer. :D

See pics of all the gear I have for sale, and starting point prices, and the below link:

Francine M. Ippolito's Photos - Gear I'm selling | Facebook

Contact me at majorfran@msn.com if you are interested in any or all of the gear I have to sell (2 Transpac II harnesses, a Nitek Duo wrist mount computer, a RG3000 Dive Rite regulator/ integrated octo with analogue SPG [DIN with Yoke adaptor included]) I have prices in mind, but make an offer (excluding shipping).

Halcyon Eclipse is also used by alot recreation Divers like myself and My G/F it is a fantastic BC especially once it is fitted right and dialed in. Good Luck with sale should you sell it

Already bought my replacement rig (a beautiful Diva!) Thanks for the thoughts.... but I am set on selling :0)!

Starting point for negotiations: I'm asking for roughly half of current retail for all items, excluding shipping. Shipping costs to be borne by buyer, and I have a PayPal account I will provide if you want to buy.

I am using this local dive shop as my baseline for retail pricing (this was the bricks and mortar store all gear was purchased from under a year ago: Southern Exposure Diving :: Your Source For Technical Diving Equipment )

Nitek Duo computer (wrist mount plus the bungee wrist): Retail $445, asking $200
Docking station and software: Retail $200, asking $100
Dive Rite RG3000 Regulator/ octo with all accessories (DIN to Yoke converter, cold water kit, and analogue SPG): Retail $460, asking $230. And I'll throw in the Dive Rite regulator bag.
Halcyon Eclipse BCD with all accessories: Asking $500
Transpac II harnesses: Retail $400, asking $200 each.

All gear was purchased in mid summer 2009, and all gear has 10 dives or less on it.

Willing to negotiate on all prices, excluding shipping (will not entertain offers that include a shipping cost to seller). E-mail is majorfran@msn.com

What size is the plate? Small or standard?
Has the harness been cut?

Bump!! And sent a msg back about the Transpac.

Mighty Thor: The Harness was never cut. The plate is SS "Small." Some words on the subject of "standard" vs. "small" plate (for you, and other perspective buyers reading this thread):

The backplate dimensions are 14” tall by 9.25” wide. It is the smaller stainless steel plate. I don’t know how tall you are or how much you weigh, but my ex-husband was 5’ 7”, 168 lbs, and we wore the same backplate size (we had the exact same rig on purposes of buddy familiarity and emergency procedures).

According to Halcyon, the keys to fitting a back plate are: consider[ing] diver height, torso length and width of shoulders, the plate should sit comfortably on the divers back, without excessive pressure on the hips and should be wide enough to avoid pinching between the divers shoulder blades.

So, in addition to your height, you need to consider how broad your shoulders are, and the length of your torso. If you are taller than 5’7”, but all legs and short torso, you should be fine… but if you are short legged and have a longer torso or a broad back, this may be an issue. You also need to consider the exposure protection you will be wearing, and how it’s thickness will affect the fit and back plate placement.

Be advised that the difference between the “standard” size and the “small” size is merely one and a half inch in length, and one inch in width. Not an appreciable difference for most divers.

From the Halcyon website (which has a video on fitting this rig):

Standard-size plates are 15.5” X 10.25” (39.3cm x 26cm)

Small plate measure 14” x 9.25” (35.5 cm x 23.5cm)

Weight difference between the Standard and Small is one lb (6lbs for Standard, 5lbs for Small).

This is a rig that was purchased from a local bricks and mortar Halcyon delaer on 6/21/2009, and hit the water less than 10 times (my last dive on this rig was logged on 1 Oct 2009). It has never been in a pool, and has only seen fresh water/ quarry diving. This gear, for all intents and purposes, is brand new. It has also been upgraded with an argon/ spare air mount, OCTOGRIP straps, and (something I forgot to mention in the original advertisement) the 10lb ACB system (all weight pouches are included).

Any serious takers for $500 (negotiable/ but all negotiated prices will not include shipping) please contact me at majorfran@msn.com After I get your location to confirm shipping price, I will provide PayPal account info.

One of the Transpac IIs and the Dive Rite regulator/ Octo have been sold.

Any serious takers for $500 (negotiable/ but all negotiated prices will not include shipping) please contact me at majorfran@msn.com After I get your location to confirm shipping price, I will provide PayPal account info.

PM and email sent

Thread closed: Main item listed sold!

Thank you all for your consideration and inquiries!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom