OW Checkouts in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did my AOW checkout dives from a boat. Unfortunately, they focus primarily on the training activities and you really don't get to enjoy the dive as much, as you'll be pretty busy.

I would save your money, do them from shore. Then, after you're done, go out on the boat and have some fun.

I thought about it, and I'm going to do the whole OW course here and get dry suit Cert too, then I can just enjoy my dives in Cozumel and feel more comfortable. I hope to get 4-5 dives in :)

I thought about it, and I'm going to do the whole OW course here and get dry suit Cert too, then I can just enjoy my dives in Cozumel and feel more comfortable. I hope to get 4-5 dives in :)

What about a dry suit is going to make you more comfortable in Cozumel? I can't imagine ever needing a dry suit there. The temps are very comfortable...nowhere near dry suit temps.

Hi Aquatic, I think he is just completing his cert in Kelowna. While doing cold water dives there we use drysuits mainly. So you can do 2 certs at a time. He will have his drysuit knowledge down for cold water dives and when he hits the Caribbean he can do lazy diving all that much better.:D By the way 7mils are worn also but the preferred dives are drysuit.

I am staying at Park Royal May 28th. I really like it there.
There are so many possibilities for your card dives. I tried to find an SSI instructor when I wanted to do my referral years ago. The lady I was referred to was booked up. I ended doing my cert dives with a Padi instructor. He took me quickly through the paces to see if I lined up and then did the 2 shore dives a Villa Blanca. Then we did the reefs. I am Padi and sdi/tdi certified now. Never did bother with the SSI card.
I dive with Scuba Mau they are a short walk to Villa Blanca from Park Royal. Maybe after you get your card we can do a night dive off the shore their. You would love it. I like to do a least 4 dives a day when I'm down.
I'm excited for you. You're going to love it. As Robint pointed out it's pretty hard to not sight see when you first get wet. I wish you a great trip, let's try hooking up for a fun dive. kevin

Hi Aquatic, I think he is just completing his cert in Kelowna. While doing cold water dives there we use drysuits mainly. So you can do 2 certs at a time. He will have his drysuit knowledge down for cold water dives and when he hits the Caribbean he can do lazy diving all that much better.:D By the way 7mils are worn also but the preferred dives are drysuit.

Somehow I missed the part where he said "here". :)

Great to know there are people from the board who are going to be down there! I'd love to meet up for dives firstdive2005, KtownTroy; I'll be card carrying as of the 25th assuming the OW checkouts go as well as the confined water :). I really want to do a night dive while I'm down there! Shoot me a PM and we'll see if we can't figure out a way to make it happen.

Im hoping to get out for a night dive on Friday. Ill check out Scuba Mau when I get down there. Would be great to see ya out there if you can make it.

Checked them out; pretty competitive rates :). I think I'll plan on doing a night dive with them Fri. evening.

You might check with Blue Angel. They have shore entry as well as boat. They host our shop and are SSI as far as I know.

Back
Top Bottom