Morrison Springs Debacle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would like to reply to Mr. Yarborough and his syncophants who willingly agreed to his story without question. I was the Instructor with the Sea Divers group. I must have been in the water when his little set to with the "old lady" happened as I missed that. I do know that we were there at 0645 on Saturday morning and we did stake out the tables under the pavillion. That is how it is done. First come, first served. Vortex, Ginnie, any spring you want to talk about. In fact, we had finished 35 minutes of snorkeling (surface dives and tired swimmer pushes and tows), suited up and completed another 38 minute scuba dive for skills and some guided exploration, before another diver of any type showed up at Morrison Springs. While we ate our brunch and took a break, no one said anything to us, so I'm assuming that all this "debacle" occurred while we were back in the water for the third and last time for the day.

Mr. Yarborough also talked about some kids who were unable to get in out of the rain that day, however since I was there and remembered that the rain stopped while we were doing our snorkel work, it must have been that little cloud that follows him around as I never saw another drop all day.

I do recall one of my assistants complaining about some folks coming in and messing with his gear bag and dry stuff while he was in the water. That is considered bad form anywhere.

If you want to get a good spot, get there early. That's what we do. Oh and we've been going to Morrison and Vortex since the 70's so we are not exactly out-of-towners. When I left Morrison around lunch time, it was still relatively uncrowded. I didn't see anyone without a place to set up. I wonder what Mr. Yarborough will think on that first Saturday that the boats in PC get blown out and everyone and their brother is at the springs. He will really be whining when he has to step over folks to get to the water.

Finally, this forum (read the rules) is for discussing diving, not for whining because you had to walk an extra step to get to the water.

Apology accepted.

Oh, wait...

Based on that response I'm not surprised at all about what's being said here.

Bobozr,

Scubaboard is used for a number of things, rants being one of them. Seeing how this is your first post I wouldn’t expect you to know that. You should probably look into that, just FYI. People are willing to agree with Mr. Todd, because he has been teaching in this area for a while now and they know what kind of person he is. With that said, he has zero reason to lie about what happened Saturday. He was simply stating what had happened and quite frankly, I believe him. Todd stated the lady there was rude and from what I’ve heard personally and read, she was. There is nothing complicated about this. I was NOT there, but I do believe what Todd said. He simply has no reason to make something like this up, simple as that.

On another note, you should definitely take a look around Scubaboard instead of just posting a couple of posts on this specific matter. It’s an awesome site.

aww, i'm getting warm fuzzies sooners, so sweet. How are the wife and kids?

I agree with skinny, because, I was about 20' away in the parking lot and heard the old lady interupt and go off on a rant.

I have no affiliation with any of them. Just an outside observer who commented to my dive buddy how unproffessional that lady was...

I personally don't give a crap about the pavillion, they got there first so, whatever. I geared up at the car.

I would like to reply to Mr. Yarborough and his syncophants who willingly agreed to his story without question. I was the Instructor with the Sea Divers group. I must have been in the water when his little set to with the "old lady" happened as I missed that. I do know that we were there at 0645 on Saturday morning and we did stake out the tables under the pavillion. That is how it is done. First come, first served. Vortex, Ginnie, any spring you want to talk about. In fact, we had finished 35 minutes of snorkeling (surface dives and tired swimmer pushes and tows), suited up and completed another 38 minute scuba dive for skills and some guided exploration, before another diver of any type showed up at Morrison Springs. While we ate our brunch and took a break, no one said anything to us, so I'm assuming that all this "debacle" occurred while we were back in the water for the third and last time for the day.

Mr. Yarborough also talked about some kids who were unable to get in out of the rain that day, however since I was there and remembered that the rain stopped while we were doing our snorkel work, it must have been that little cloud that follows him around as I never saw another drop all day.

I do recall one of my assistants complaining about some folks coming in and messing with his gear bag and dry stuff while he was in the water. That is considered bad form anywhere.

If you want to get a good spot, get there early. That's what we do. Oh and we've been going to Morrison and Vortex since the 70's so we are not exactly out-of-towners. When I left Morrison around lunch time, it was still relatively uncrowded. I didn't see anyone without a place to set up. I wonder what Mr. Yarborough will think on that first Saturday that the boats in PC get blown out and everyone and their brother is at the springs. He will really be whining when he has to step over folks to get to the water.

Finally, this forum (read the rules) is for discussing diving, not for whining because you had to walk an extra step to get to the water.

Nice first post... :shakehead:

okay, old subject, this was all so last Saturday.

I'm over it, done venting. Hope they act friendlier, and I hope everyone can work toward getting along better.

On a good note, I finally figured out how to make it say Instructor under my name. I was curious about it for a couple of years now, i thought maybe after a certain number of students it might just happen automatically. Then I hit 1000 and nope, still no Instructor designation, and I thought well, that has to be enough.... Anyway... I digress...

Jon, how is the teaching going these days?
Havent done much this year, probably wont. Think Im going to dive for fun for a bit.

What's with the "non-Floridian" hate here? I spend several thousand dollars a year keeping your restaurants, hotels, gas stations, toll roads, charter boats and public parks in business. That does not give me (or any other "tourist") the right to be an ass-hat, but it doesn't push me to the back of the bus either. My dollar spends the same as yours, and helps keep YOUR schools, roads, and courthouses open.

How about hating on the jerk instead of the zip code?
No hate. We love tourists. Just sayin you guys could contribute directly to the park.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom