diving somewhere between asia & u.k

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big fish63

Contributor
Reaction score
right i might get flamed here for asking such a vague question, but i'm after suggestions for some amazing diving anywhere before i get back to the u.k..

somewhere on the way back from thailand would be nice, although i don't mind taking a little detour:wink:

i've done most of the dive sites offered in thailand and been on a live aboard to the similans..

i really like the idea of a liveaboard again but if i can do better diving from land so be it..

i'd like to see big marine life (maybe some sharks) not too fussed on corals for my next dive trip..

also i have around 50 logged dives.

thanks in advance.

Looking at it from the perspective of your wanting Big Fish action and logistics we would say a liveaboard trip from Thailand into Burma for sharks.
Our next suggestion would be from Thailand to arrange a trip to the Maldives, we would suggest a liveabord also and you will have a chance to see Mantas, sharks etc.

thanks for the advice, do you know of any liveaboards in the maldives with a good reputation? i always thought diving there would be expensive (getting there and the liveaboard) so will have to check that out.
also i will be on my own. my friend is going straight back to the u.k

Another option, and may be a bit less expensive than the Maledives, may be the Red Sea, mainly Egypt.

thanks for the link. there are no boats going out in the next few weeks which is a shame. if anyone knows of a reasonably priced one could you let me know?

also i did think of egypt but i can get there fairly easily from the u.k so i will visit it next summer i think

Sipadan in Malaysia Borneo is beautiful, but I'm not up on the current permit situation. Deep blue drop offs, coral, many sharks, turtles.

I went a few years ago At that time, I caught an inexpensive flight on Air Asia which you should be able to link with Thailand.

I'd bet you will find current permit info on SB.

Happy travels.

Hi Bigfish - let us know your dates - we have a variety of Maldives liveaboard options going all the time and can probably assist you with something. Other thought would be to Philippines which is an easy flight from BKK, or Indonesia, which you can also easily get to from Thailand. All depends on your dates, flexibility and budget. You can contact me at DiveAdvice.com if you want to check anything out. Have fun.

Hi
Have a look at the Maldives; we've been going for the last 10yrs and love it Check out Maldives Scuba Tours - they have over 14yrs experience in the Maldives and they really do know thier stuff.

They are based in the UK and if you have a look on their website you can check out trip reports and guest comments (they have alot of repeat bookings - this yr will be out 4th trip with them)

The boats take a max of 12 guests and they might not be big all singing and all dancing but they really do know their stuff and they go where all the action is - last year we went back to a site called Hani Faru and had a dive with 10 divers and 65+ Mantas with a 8m Whale Shark and they year before at the same site we have 50+ Mantas and then snorkelling we had not 1...not 2...but 5 Whale Sharks for 2.5hrs...awsome.

Hope my 2pence worth is helpful...
Happy and safe diving
Kasha

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom