Dive Haven

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know this is an old post but just to let everyone know that Dive Haven reopens this weekend. May 1st, we are still in the process of rehabing the shop but facilities will be open, diver fees are $25.00 per diver. The shop will be open but will have limited stock for the next few weeks.

Any questions you can contact me or Dive Haven.

Did anyone go to the opening of Dive Haven?

Do you know if they have steel 100 tanks available? I emailed them but no response yet...

Has the vis. gotten any better than it was three years ago?

I was up at Dive Haven today, great people! Diving conditions were 20' vis 75 degrees at 15' but as soon as you dropped below 15' it went to 3'-5' vis and 53 degrees. There is a thick layer of algae after 15'-17' and its cold. I will try it again once it clears up in a month or so.

Lets us know. I live in TN. and it is a two to three hour trip for me. If the water clears up I will drive down.

Good viz at 150

I went today (Memorial Day). It got a little chilly below 15' and vis was about 8-10 ft. I had a blast. Friendly people in the shop and a really nice place overall. I can't wait to go back in a few weeks. We have had bad storms lately which probably contributed to the short vis. Definitely worth the drive. Give this place a try, there is a lot of different depths and sunken objects.

I went diving Sat. 6/05/10 got ther early . Tony and I were the 1st ones ther. The service was friendly . Area looks real nice . Looks clean. Dive 1. Time in 10;04 am. Air temp 81 degrees. Surface temp.79 0degrees. Temp at74'was 46 degrees. Max depth was 74'. Dive time was 61 minutes. Viz was realy good 10, to 25, ther was some areas that it was realy low viz.dow below 25' the viz got raely good. Dive 2. Dive time in 12:54. Air temp 86 degrees. Temp. At 37' 52 degrees. Max depth 37'. Dive time 57 minutes. Viz was the same as the 1st dive. There are some neat things sunk. To swim around and find. We found the ss minow , a school bus , a large cabin crouiser , large crane. All this was in 20' to 50' depth water . This stuff was over across the lake. From the entrance and the offoce (west to northwest side)looks like they have done a lot to the sight and still have some to go. Looking forward to diving ther more and seeing all the changes. That are coming

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom