Apo Reef Feb 12 to 16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phil8diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello everyone,

Was wondering if anyone was interested in joining us for Apo Reef trip on Feb 12 to 16. Currently we are 4 of us and there is an ongoing promo for 5+1 deal with Expedition Fleet. If we can find 2 more people, we can all enjoy our trip for 29,167 pesos. Currently without promo is 35,000 pesos. If interested, send me a PM. FYI, I am not connected with Expedition Fleet, just a customer looking for some savings. :blinking:

Regards,

Hello Rogersea,

Its in Anilao, Batangas (Outrigger Resort - Scubaworld's resort).

Hi phil8diver,

Just want to find out if your trip pushed through and what you thought of the diving at Apo Reef. I am extremely interested in this as a potential dive trip and would love a trip revies.

Thanks a million.

Hi phil8diver,

Just want to find out if your trip pushed through and what you thought of the diving at Apo Reef. I am extremely interested in this as a potential dive trip and would love a trip revies.

Thanks a million.

aoo,

Definitely the best dive trip so far. Going to Tubbataha in May so not sure if Apo will still be the best.

Apo Reef was definitely awesome with every dive we encountered sea turtles and reef sharks (large ones). Basically all dives except night dive was wall dive. These walls are huge and you basically drift along and its up to you whether you want to chase something down to 40 meters or simply stay within your comfortable dept. Since I like shooting videos, I was basically chasing things up and down (within safe limits) or somewhat away from the wall. Viz was basically around 20 to 30 meters sometimes over 30 meters. We saw dolphins, barracudas, jacks, sea turtles, large cuttle fish, eagle ray and lots fish basically. I would definitely be going back next year.

Regards,

how many dives are included in the package? how many did you actually do?

Hi phil8diver,

Great to hear that the diving was awesome. I will definitely be going to Apo Reef second half of this year based on your feedback. First half of this year is reserved for our trip to Layang Layang.

Enjoy your trip to Tubbataha. Was there last year and the diving was good, although we were not as lucky with the big fish as other divers based on their feedback (no mantas or whalesharks).

Dive well and hope your golf game is treating you well.

5 dives per day except for the last day. The 5th dive was a night dive. I used air for the first 2 dives of the day and went for nitrox from 3rd dive onwards. I believe I did 14 dives total. Sulit!

how many dives are included in the package? how many did you actually do?

Thanks! I am going with Planet Dive Adventure, they booked two large ships so I think its going to be great trip and hope for the best in terms of weather and sightings.

Regards,

Hi phil8diver,

Great to hear that the diving was awesome. I will definitely be going to Apo Reef second half of this year based on your feedback. First half of this year is reserved for our trip to Layang Layang.

Enjoy your trip to Tubbataha. Was there last year and the diving was good, although we were not as lucky with the big fish as other divers based on their feedback (no mantas or whalesharks).

Dive well and hope your golf game is treating you well.

Back
Top Bottom