Tropic Air?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rockhead

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Anyone have any experience with Tropic Air in Belize?
My wife and I are headed down there in a week, and we are using them to get around from Belize City to Ambergris and Placencia. Their website says you get 2 checked bags at 35 lbs each and gives dimensions at 62 linear and 30x15. I've got a couple bags that push the 15in limit... How strict are they?
Thanks in advance,
Jim

Not strict at all - if they can physically carry it they will. They do give precedence to passengers so sometimes your bags may follow on a separate flight, but if that happens they will take responsibility for getting the bags to you. They are a superbly run local airline. If you prebook your flight from the International Airport, they'll wait for you even if your incoming flight is delayed.

They are pretty good. We had some pretty big bags and they squeezed them all in the plane somehow. I have no problems with any of my experiences.

If you are staying at the Seabreeze its right across the street from the airstrip which is great.

I've only used them a few times, but I thought they were the best run short hop airline I've ever been on.

very well run, friendly, and they have a nice new terminal too.

we had zero problems with them.

I had the same question a few weeks back. All I got was postive feedback, I heard nothing negative and we are booked with Tropic! Cant wait for the fun start - be there in 2 weeks!!!

YEAH

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom