Seal Maintenance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL...NICE!! Glad to hear the install went smooth :wink: With the dry adhesive, it is a BREEZE to install seals with a little patience and good directions.

Tribolube SC is a sweet product, similar to others on the market but it contains very little silicon. This aides in future replacement of seals as the silicon plays havoc.

Good write up Jim, I will be sure to send everyone to you with their questions :D ROFL

LOL...NICE!! Glad to hear the install went smooth :wink: With the dry adhesive, it is a BREEZE to install seals with a little patience and good directions.

Tribolube SC is a sweet product, similar to others on the market but it contains very little silicon. This aides in future replacement of seals as the silicon plays havoc.

Good write up Jim, I will be sure to send everyone to you with their questions :D ROFL

Gee thanks Mike :wink:

Actually without you guys, I would not be nearly as 'brave' with my suit. The fusion really is very easy to maintain and repair.

We'll see how well I really did on Sunday when I dive the USS Hogan for my 500th dive :D

Have fun on your 500th dive! And lots of thanks for your write up, really good. You should put a disclaimer, though: blondes should not bother reading...

OK - reviving an older thread......

Whites recommends using Seal Saver which, according to McNett's web site is "100% silicone formula". Has anyone used any of the automotive silicone aerosol products? The reason I'm asking is I picked up can to lube my car door seals & reading the label it claims to be "safe on rubber....." and is about 1/10th of the price of Seal Saver........

I think the critical question there is what is it using for a propellant and what will that do to your seals?

Good point!

Back
Top Bottom