What did you buy that you regret?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does a wedding ring count?
:rofl3:

Just kidding. I love my wife.

Does a wedding ring count?
:rofl3:

Just kidding. I love my wife.

I MADE my wife's wedding ring.

Her engagement ring was handmade by a Hopi Indian craftsman. It was very intricate with turquise and sunbursts and ferns made from silver. While we were dating, I spent most of my pay on itfor a month. Didn't tell her. Then, one day she said, "If we are going to be together, you need to get a better paying job."

I said, "You mean one where I can put the money I make to buy an engagement ring?" as I pulled the box from my pocket. She said "Yes," when I got down and asked her to marry me.

Her first wedding ring was made by a local silversmith. It was not a very good job. five years later, I had a professional jeweler make a finely crafted ring to replace the crappy one...after she lost the crappy one.

She lost that a year later.

Without her knowledge, I went to the jewler, a friend, and explained that I wanted to make my own design that matched the engagement ring. For a month, I would go to the shop every day after work and work on it for three hours.

I endured four weeks of being accused of cheating (since I came home late every night). When I gave her the ring, she was non-reactive...like, "big deal...it's a ring."

She lost it a couple months later.

Needless to say, we are not together any more. That is how I can afford to go SCUBA.

I MADE my wife's wedding ring.

Her engagement ring was handmade by a Hopi Indian craftsman. It was very intricate with turquise and sunbursts and ferns made from silver. While we were dating, I spent most of my pay on itfor a month. Didn't tell her. Then, one day she said, "If we are going to be together, you need to get a better paying job."

I said, "You mean one where I can put the money I make to buy an engagement ring?" as I pulled the box from my pocket. She said "Yes," when I got down and asked her to marry me.

Her first wedding ring was made by a local silversmith. It was not a very good job. five years later, I had a professional jeweler make a finely crafted ring to replace the crappy one...after she lost the crappy one.

She lost that a year later.

Without her knowledge, I went to the jewler, a friend, and explained that I wanted to make my own design that matched the engagement ring. For a month, I would go to the shop every day after work and work on it for three hours.

I endured four weeks of being accused of cheating (since I came home late every night). When I gave her the ring, she was non-reactive...like, "big deal...it's a ring."

She lost it a couple months later.

Needless to say, we are not together any more. That is how I can afford to go SCUBA.

Wow. Almost sounds like a cheesy romance flick. At least there was a happy ending for you :D

The wetsuit I have right now has zippered wrist openings that don't seal well on my wrists so they leak quite a bit.

Senseiern:

You have the patience and the kindness of a saint. I would have responded in kind to her first statement ,and would have asked why she could not follow the advice she dispensed. By the way, what is up with "some" ladies losing rings. Mine "misplaced" hers but luckily found it.

I do not believe that I would have shown such understanding had the ring remained "misplaced."

C.

Senseiern:

You have the patience and the kindness of a saint. I would have responded in kind to her first statement ,and would have asked why she could not follow the advice she dispensed. By the way, what is up with "some" ladies losing rings. Mine "misplaced" hers but luckily found it.

I do not believe that I would have shown such understanding had the ring remained "misplaced."

C.

Although I am a patient man, my treatment of her was that of an ignorant man fooled by infatuation. Since I am back dating, I took the time to learn what I needced to change in my life.

I also don't understand why so much bash about AL tank. Yeah, you need a couple more lb of weight, but that's it. I don't see being a little + at the end is an issue because you have already carry more weight to start to accomondate for that. Yeah, steel will take a few lb off, but they also cost 2.5x more. Someone care to explain what I am missing here.

A HP100 tank is about the same size as a AL80(well, a bit shorter), and carries more gas. Most places will charge the same amount for a fill too ($10 lets say), even though your tank is 20CF~ bigger.

It's also 6lb~ you can take off your rig, and if you need to descend in an emergency at the surface there's less issues there. Resale values are close to the original prices too.

Now, LP tanks... Nah. Bigger, bulkier. I wouldn't use one over an AL80/double AL80/AL100.

I also don't understand why so much bash about AL tank. Yeah, you need a couple more lb of weight, but that's it. I don't see being a little + at the end is an issue because you have already carry more weight to start to accomondate for that. Yeah, steel will take a few lb off, but they also cost 2.5x more. Someone care to explain what I am missing here.

The HP100 allows you to take about 7lbs off your weight belt; more comfort and improved trim as it distributes the weight over your torso instead of one point.

If filled fully you get more air as well.

Adam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom