Nemo Air Recall?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just returned from Bonaire and was diving with a friend who also has a Nemo Air. Her new green o-ring blew out on one of our dives. Has this been reported by anyone else? I didn't have any problems with mine once we put the new green one in.

I bought a Mares Nemo Air just before the Recall was issued in February 2010. After only 3 dives the O ring on the faulty quick connector blew. I changed the O Ring straight away and it blew again on the very next dive!

I have since found out about the recall from the Mares website and my local dive shop has tried to replace the female quick connector. The Mares distributor in Australia sent 2 replacement parts to my local dive shop but neither part engaged correctly with the computer (needed a spanner to get the computer off!)

Now I have had to send the complete unit to the Australian Mares Distributor for investigation. Very inconvenient as for the moment I have to rent a computer / SPG if I want to go diving!

Has anyone else had any issues with the replacement female quick connector? Are you able to connect / disconnect the computer as easily as the old defect part?

Can someone from Mares comment on this post?

Hi
To add to this can someone advise me were i can go to get this Quick Connector replaced in Victoria Australia as there are no Authorized Repairers listed on the Mares Website for Victoria. I would prefer to bookin and take it to the repairer and get it fixed while i wait. Could Zac or anyone from Mares advise me on what to do?
Regards
Phil

I've inquired with our international colleagues to find you the appropriate place. As soon as I hear, I'll let you know.

Thanks,

Zac
Do you know anywhere i can buy the parts from i'm going overseas diving in May and need to fix the unit prior to going. I don't mind paying for the parts if i can get them.
Phil

Phil,

You will need to get the parts from an authorized dealer. I suggest you call around to your local Mares dealers, explain you have a Nemo Air, and it needs to be upgraded with the new connection due to the recall. If they don't have the parts on hand, they can procure them from us quickly, resolving your issue.

If you need help finding a store, please send to me in a PM your address and I'll try to recommend one.

Best,

Phil,

You will need to get the parts from an authorized dealer. I suggest you call around to your local Mares dealers, explain you have a Nemo Air, and it needs to be upgraded with the new connection due to the recall. If they don't have the parts on hand, they can procure them from us quickly, resolving your issue.

If you need help finding a store, please send to me in a PM your address and I'll try to recommend one.

Best,

Zac

I PM'd you after this message with my location i was just wondering if you recieved it and found a local supplier.

Regards
Phil

Sorry, I have been so swamped with Day to Day business. I will get on this Monday morning (my time).

Yowie, As an alternative did you try calling the Australia Distributors? They can help you in real time? If they can't recommend a dealer close to you; you will still need to send it off.

Cape Byron Imports & Wholesale Pty. Ltd.
+61 266 857185

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom