Gathering all Shark folk together

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sailingk8

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
There is a move to gather all shark groups and conservationists together for discussion. I don't know who is running it but it's a great, well needed idea right now. Many names in shark conservation have joined already.

On Facebook:
The Global Shark Initiative | Facebook

Also an article about an Asian couple fighting shark fin soup is a great way:
Duo swims against fin soup stream in fight to save world's sharks

_

Thanks sailing - social networks could well be an effective means to educating people, spreading awareness and applying pressure. I'm now a 'fan'.

J

Last edited:
Several items happening for shark

Urgent: Hawaii State Gov to vote on a precedent setting ban on trade of shark fins in the State. Please send a little note to support Bill SB216. Hawaii would become the first area to fully ban the sale, trade, handling of Shark fins. Hawaii has a lot of Asian restaurants opposing this bill, please write to the state representatives as tourists and divers in support of Bill SB216 to:
reps@capitol.hawaii.gov

--

Phillipines makes giant effort towards preserving Whale Shark:
GMA moves to protect whale sharks | Manila Bulletin

-

Through public email efforts, Success! Singaporebrides.com have contacted the Global Shark Initiative, saying they would cooperate in promoting NO SHARK'S FIN SOUP to young couples who are planning their wedding.

--

Global Shark Initiative now has a separate website off Facebook:
The Global Shark Initiative - United against Shark Exploitation

--

I'm there as well. There are currently over 7500 fans of the group on Facebook, but only maybe 200 signed up on the actual GSI webpage.

You don't need to be on Facebook or a fan on Facebook to sign up with the webpage. Please visit the page, and consider adding your name to the member roles.

The Global Shark Initiative - United against Shark Exploitation

This is a must see movie to bring the devistation of the sharks to the foreground
SHARKWATER

here is a picture of how I spent my morning yesterday morning off the island of Molokai'i Hawaii

Attachments

• hammerhead school2.jpg
    hammerhead school2.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 211
AquaTec - nice to know there are still some of those gorgeous creatures still about. Lucky Lucky you.
Regarding Sharkwater, I agree. It's a very good movie with lots of shark footage. I got my local library to order a copy and they bought 4.

Last edited:
JOINED! Speak to you all later there! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom