The Boynton Dive Chronicles (new and improved)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL - yea, it was worth a try.
Don't give up too quickly. You might be on to something.

The Ops in Jupiter convince people to dive there for the Lemon Shark aggregation every year. I even took the bait once myself and now believe it's just good marketing.

I can see the pitch - would you rather dive with Lemon Sharks in Jupiter or Whale Sharks in Boynton?

I just talked to the Shark Whisperer!!!

Thank you for your reservation. If you have any questions, please contact us.

Reservation Details: This only Trip: - March, Sunday 28 - 1:00 PM - 12:00 AM

Number of divers: 1
Do you require tanks or rental equipment? NO

The Ops in Jupiter convince people to dive there for the Lemon Shark aggregation every year. I even took the bait once myself and now believe it's just good marketing.

I can see the pitch - would you rather dive with Lemon Sharks in Jupiter or Whale Sharks in Boynton?
Oops, my own lemon shark dive got blown out this season...are you saying they are simply a myth, a marketing tool get get unsuspecting South Floridians to dive in cold waters? :confused:

Oops, my own lemon shark dive got blown out this season...are you saying they are simply a myth, a marketing tool get get unsuspecting South Floridians to dive in cold waters? :confused:

Well, now that you mention it, viz was so bad the day we went to see the Lemons, that they took us to other spots. No Lemon sharks. :depressed:

Good thing I didn't freeze my arse off for nothing then! Sunday will be my first dive since Christmas Day. I picked up a Henderson Titanium Hyperstretch john and l-s shorty at the SUDS flea market and I'm praying I don't freeze!!!

Good thing I didn't freeze my arse off for nothing then! Sunday will be my first dive since Christmas Day. I picked up a Henderson Titanium Hyperstretch john and l-s shorty at the SUDS flea market and I'm praying I don't freeze!!!

Nawww you won't freeze. I was out yesterday off West Palm and wore a 5mm w/o a hood. I was warm on both dives, There were some crazies in shorties, and one gut in shorts and a long sleeve t-shirt.

Seas were called to be 2 feet or less. That was a joke. I'd say more like 3-5. Viz was about 30 ft and hazy. Sunday seas are looking a little rough though.....

I freeze in 78 degree water with a full suit and hood! But I'm hoping for the best. Sunday seas off Ft. Lauderdale aren't looking great...got my fins and fingers crossed. It will be my last opportunity to dive before lobster season closes.

A few years back as our original group started to thin out I was left
diving with a spearo who was taking his catch off his spear at about
80ft. with a couple lemon sharks patrolling the area. I was conserving air a
bit above this and felt it was a safer place to be. I'm pretty sure this was
during the colder months but not sure. Debby, are you diving this sunday ?
I'm trying to get motivated and thought about taking a ride over ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom