The Boynton Dive Chronicles (new and improved)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow! That sighting must have made up for the otherwise mediocre conditions. I have never seen a whale shark. How many would you say you have seen in Florida waters Kev?

Just that one. The fishing charters see 3 or four a year though.

Holy smokes! Alex dropped me on a whale shark yesterday on Black Condo. A twenty footer was cruising along the ledge at about 50' and swam right under me (about 15 feet below). Sorry, no pics... but I have a witness.

The diving has been kinda crappy lately other then that. Really green, cold, murky water with either zero or next to zero current.Water temps this week ranged between 67 and 69 degrees trending warmer. Viz has improved from about 25 feet to about 40. I think the Gulfstream is wandering closer to us after all of that west wind blowing it away. Lobsters are starting to show back up too.

Kevin & Alex

Go out again & lasso him for me to see on Saturday- please :praying:

Deb

Holy smokes! Alex dropped me on a whale shark yesterday on Black Condo. A twenty footer was cruising along the ledge at about 50' and swam right under me (about 15 feet below). Sorry, no pics... but I have a witness.

The diving has been kinda crappy lately other then that. Really green, cold, murky water with either zero or next to zero current.Water temps this week ranged between 67 and 69 degrees trending warmer. Viz has improved from about 25 feet to about 40. I think the Gulfstream is wandering closer to us after all of that west wind blowing it away. Lobsters are starting to show back up too.

Hey Kevin. Thanks for everything. We had a great trip. And seeing that whale shark was definitely an incredible experience. I can't get that image out of my mind. Unfortunately I don't have any pics either but I have plenty of other great shots which I will post when I get some time. I hope to see you again some day soon maybe even up here in WI for some Great Lakes wreck diving.

Cheers,
Fred

Totally cool, Kev!

Kevin & Alex

Go out again & lasso him for me to see on Saturday- please :praying:

Deb

:chuckle: You are too cute, Deb. If anyone can do it, it would be our Divemaster of the Year.

have you seen any grouper latley out there? I know the season reopens next thursday and we were thinking about heading over that way.

I wanna sign up for the whale shark dive! What day?!! Time?!!

SAGE!!!!!!! how the heck are ya buddy!!!!!
I wanna dive with you and the whale sharks too!!!

Sorry, the whale shark only comes out when I am there. So those of you who want to see it will have to pitch in and pay for another trip down for me :wink:

Sorry, the whale shark only comes out when I am there. So those of you who want to see it will have to pitch in and pay for another trip down for me :wink:

Let me know how that works out for you!

:wink:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom