Malapascua trip for 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

my lab-mate, jolene is coming with me :D she booked the tickets for us today.

1. caloy - Oct 28 PM (Cebu), Oct 29 AM (Malapascua) - Nov 1 AM (return to Cebu)
2. Myra - - do -
3. Iris - Oct 28 AM (Cebu), Oct 29 AM (Malapascua) - Nov 1 PM (return to SG)
4. Jolene - -do-
5. Jon
6. Marvin
7. bing
8. Johann (Storm rider)
9. Cris
10. Zee

Last edited:
cebu pacific "promo": sg-cebu for US$170. grab now or hold out a bit longer for cheaper fares? will there be cheaper fares? i wish i can tell the future. will sleep on it and decide tomorrow. :)

I don't think that even covers the fuel. Maybe they stow you with the luggage...

Mike, I think Matt is itching to teach you some rebreather stuff, how to take pix in deeper water and deploying a balloon bag in the middle of nowhere. :D

Matt - is there a website for Mike and Diose's resort?

I don't want to teach him anything. I just want to watch him floundering around in tech gear trying to maintain his "i've been doing this all my life" face ;-)

For Mike and Dioses have a look at Picasa Web Albums - Mike - Aabana, Cotta... for some shots of one of the cottages. Best book early though as I can see everyone here wanting to jump in on the a/c and hot water.

I am going to check out some deals with the "Kwan Ba" resort which is close behind our place...they may do a good deal, although it's not beach front. If you guys need help organising accommodation then let me know what kind of thing you're after[Fan or A/c, hot or cold water] and I'll do my best to point you in the right direction and send pics if necessary.

Looking forward to seeing plenty of you here...

sitting in the office while Simon and wifey traipse around Raja Ampat...

So which rebreather you going to teach me?

I will freely admit it will be a new way to learn buoyancy again :)

Would it still be worth my going if it's a shorter trip? And as usual I'm going to have to make this another one of those last minute go-no go deals I'm so known for. I hope there will still be accommodations somewhere then.
Crossing my fingers for the next, lets see - March, April, May, June, July, August, September - 7 months. Darn. This job was supposed to make my schedule easier to deal with. Well, surprise, surprise.
I second the vodka. My drink of choice - screwdrivers. Hold the vodka though. Put 'em in Mike's drinks :D

Dive plan prepared by Matt (thank you most kind, sir) -

For those who are arriving on the morning of the 28th -

28th - 2dives... 130pm Bantigue Coral Gardens, 430pm Mandarin City

29th - 3dives... 5am Monad - Shark Dive, 930am Lapus Lapus, 130pm Manta Point

30th - 3dives... 5am Monad - Shark Dive, 930am day trip to Dona Marilyn(1 dive) and Gato Island(1 dive) lunch included

31st - 3dives... 5am Monad - Shark Dive, follow on directly to Kalanggaman island - 2 dives breakfast and lunch included

Iris and Jolene can do the pm Oct 28 dives?

Me and Myra will be in resort the morning (11am) of the 29th and can still do the scheduled 1:30pm dive.

we're booked to go (overnight in Cebu City Oct. 28), details -

Manila (MNL), Philippines
Thu, Oct 28, 15:00 MNL-CEB Cebu (CEB), Philippines Thu, Oct 28, 16:25
PR.gif
PR0849 Philippine Airlines Fare Family: Economy Fiesta Non stop
BOEING 747-400.

Cebu (CEB), Philippines Mon, Nov 01, 17:15 CEB-MNL Manila (MNL)
Mon, Nov 01, 18:35
PR.gif
PR0850 Philippine Airlines Fare Family: Economy Fiesta Non stop
Airbus A330-300.

FARE 3,612.00 x 2 + PHP 7,224.00

Carry-on baggage allowance - 1 piece

Carry-on baggage dimension - Must not exceed 45 in. (115 cm.)

Carry-on baggage weight - Must not exceed 15 lbs. (7 kg.)

Baggage weight - 44 lbs. (20 kg.)

with sports plus (scuba gear) - additional 44 lbs. (20kg.)
tatang... what resort are you looking at for malapascua? website?

Jag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom