SUDS Flea Market, Dives and Party!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sometimes people who win refuse to pay; then it goes to the next person in line. I found out this afternoon that I "won" a SWEET long sleeve rash guard because they couldn't read the name and phone number of the high bidder. I go to pick it up Friday. What did you get?

Just a Seacure mouth piece. I really wanted the Scubapro computer I was bidding on that at one point I out bid myself by $50. Let this be a lesson, do not drink and do online silent auctions.

Let this be a lesson, do not drink and do online silent auctions.
Gave you a THANKS for that advice!

Sorry, I don't know, I'm just a volunteer for it and not the organizer. If I do hear, I'll come back and post that. I "think" that last year was $16K or $18K.

As promised, here is the preliminary wrap-up of the SUDS Flea Market. From the President's Message in the South Florida Divers Inc. Dive Club newsletter:
Thank you to all members who turned out to help at the SUDS Fleamarket. It was a long weekend, starting on Friday evening with erecting the tents right through to tear down on Sunday afternoon. When you see the pleasure the wounded veterans get from diving, it makes it all worthwhile. While they were visiting, the wounded soldiers went diving and thoroughly enjoyed our local reefs - despite temps being in the high 60s. While we don't yet have a full accounting, preliminary numbers are that we raised over $18,000, exceeding the amount we raised in 2009. Of course nothing would happen without vision and leadership. For that we have to thank Sam Rich for having the vision to see the need, and the leadership skills to make it happen. Great job Sam. Thanks also to the local dive shops, operators, and other businesses who contributed by donating goods/services for the Fleamarket, or to support the visiting soldiers. For full details of the event check out www.sudsfleamarket.com.

Received this today in my e-mail. :D

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]SUDS Flea Market - UPDATE[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]March 13 & 14 2010[/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SUDS Flea Market Raises $21,000 [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Once again, with the help of the South Florida Divers, and all our volunteers, we had a very successful event. Bidding online this year was very spirited and 2 days of beautiful weather allowed buyers and bidders at the flea market to enjoy themselves while contributing to a great cause. Six wounded warriors accompanied the SUDS staff for the event and the festivities began Friday with a fun night at SouthPort Rawbar where over 40 supporters came to party. [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Capt Bill Cole piloted the Sea Experience 2 up the river with the soldiers onboard to the Downtowner Saloon where they attended a buffet in their honor. Many South Florida Dive Club members came out to help with the flea market and celebrate at the buffet which was attended by over 60 people. Throughout the weekend, the soldiers dived every day and were joined by divers onboard the Sea Experience 2 and the Blue Runner. Both vessels ran trips to the great South Florida wrecks and reefs and contributed to the cause. [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]​

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Finally, a Sunday evening farewell dinner was attended by about 40 people who braved the teeth of the cold west wind howling at the upper deck of the Bahia Cabana restaurant. We all hope we were saying goodbye to the coldest winter most residents ever remember. [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]​

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Each soldier got to go "shopping" at the flea market and filled a dive bag with gear to take home. At the close of the event, everything got sold as the auctions closed and the remainder of the flea market donated items are being auctioned off now on Ebay. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A huge thank you from the staff and family of Divers Discount Florida to all the volunteers, the SUDS staff and participants, the South Florida Divers, the Saint David Mens Club and all our sponsors and contributors for making this a truly memorable event for a most worthy cause. SUDS is in all our hearts forever.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Shopping for dive gear at the SUDS Flea Market[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
5.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SUDS divers enjoy the reefs off Fort Lauderdale[/FONT]

6.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Our 6 wounded warriors arrive at the Downtowner Saloon for the party[/FONT]

7.jpg
[/FONT]

[/FONT][/FONT]
spacer.gif

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom