Davao, Gen San, Bohol or PG?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
O.k. I can't make up my mind on where to go on my next trip May 13-June 1st. So I hope a few of you could help. Davao, General Santos, Bohol-Panglao or PG?

My favorite places to go are Apo Island and Malapascua Island but I have dived Coron, Tubbataha, Cabilao, Anilao, S. Leyte and Boracay. My favorite dives on Apo - school of jacks and the night dive in front of Liberty. Malapascua - Monad, Bantigi night, Chocolate and in the past Gato. I travel alone, like the small critters for photography, variety of dive types, keep lodging on the less expensive side and I usually like to get in 3-4 dives a day. Big fish aren't bad but it seams there are more opportunities for the smaller stuff in the Philippines.

So I'm pretty sure I would like PG but not for the entire stay but I don't mind the quiter places either. I tried to search for information on Davao and General Santos but in skimming the posts it appears that they may be more for groups traveling/diving together (not going to hire a boat just for myself) such as at Anilao. Maybe a quick 4-5 days at Panglao and then up to Malapascua? With the time I have I figure two dive places max as I would rather dive that ride buses or ferries.

Thanks in advance.

oooh... it's been a while since we've had a poll. :D how about turning this into a poll thread?

i'd vote for bohol-panglao so you can do other stuff besides dive like take pictures of chocolate hills and tarsiers, cruise along loboc river, dolphin watch, trek their man-made forest, etc.

aren't you tired of malapascua yet? :wink:

oooh... it's been a while since we've had a poll. :D how about turning this into a poll thread?

i'd vote for bohol-panglao so you can do other stuff besides dive like take pictures of chocolate hills and tarsiers, cruise along loboc river, dolphin watch, trek their man-made forest, etc.

aren't you tired of malapascua yet? :wink:

Not sure how to turn this into a poll but no I'm not tired of Malapascua. Sometimes it's (the diving) better than others but I think of the people there as good friends now and I really miss them when I don't get to stop by.:(

Last edited:
i've liked gensan a lot... and the diving is relatively inexpensive even if i was solo (no major boat hires)

get in touch with Paul Partridge of South Point Divers - he's got a really nice place right on top of a splendid deep wall

Jag

Gen San is great especially the Tinoto Wall.....WOW.
South Poiont Divers web page is still down!!!
Davao is also good but the dive sites are far away. You might have to charter your own dive boat !!!!!
Give Wind and Wave a miss. Carabao Divers would be my choice.

Davao is also good but the dive sites are far away. You might have to charter your own dive boat !!!!!
Give Wind and Wave a miss. Carabao Divers would be my choice.

not if you go on a weekend with the regular organized dive trips, the sites are just 45mins away by outrigger.

diving with carabaos isn't really my cup of tea, but yeah :eyebrow:

August would be a good month to visit, in time with the Kadayawan Festivities.

Sorry about the website guys. Im having problems with our host. They say they dont have the passwords and that I have it. Anyway......

Dive the Tinoto Wall while its still here. Someone told me it will be gone by the end of this year. (whats the sarcastic smiley look like?)

paul, anything going on during saranggani bay festival?

Jason, if you like the laidback atmosphere of Apo Island, you'll love Paul's place in Gen San. Lots of turtles.

Back
Top Bottom