Starting Friday, you must register with NOAA if...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you really think it is just for informational/research purposes, just check out what is happening here in the gulf with the red snapper. There is no shortage in the area from Panama City to the Mississippi line, yet we are faced with declining limits and seasons. The snapper are so overpopulated here that they were attacking the trigger fish a friend of mine was spearing last spring. Anglers can't drop a line without red snapper attacking it, yet the Fisheries Board still say they are "over pressured". The information they gather will eventually be used against you in some manner.

We have lost one season already due to closure and a shortened season on another species. MRFFS has been declared flawed and they are still using it to close down fishing all over. MRIP has yet to yield anything and will not be able to for several seasons. We must deal with what we are being dealt. If it takes lawsuits to wake up NOAA, then they will waste their budget on lawyers.

I read somewhere thats its free to register this year, but could cost up to $30 in the future.

There is no ceiling to what we might have to pay:

8. Is there a fee to register?
There is no fee to register in 2010. A fee will be required as of January 1, 2011.

9. How much will registration cost in 2011?
The fee for registering in 2011 has not been established yet, but NOAA estimates it will cost between $15 and $25.

10. How will the fee be determined?
According to Federal law, the registration fee will be calculated based on the cost to administer the program. That means that NOAA will look at the total amount of money it takes to run the registry, and divide that by the anticipated number of people registering. In other words, if the program costs $25,000 to operate and 1,000 people were registering, the fee would be $25 per angler.

https://www.countmyfish.noaa.gov/faq_registry.html

PART 600-MAGNUSON-STEVENS ACT PROVISIONS
Subpart P--Marine Recreational Fisheries of the United States

§ 600.1410 Registry process.

(f) Fees. Effective January 1, 2011, persons registering with NMFS must pay an annual fee. The annual schedule for such fees will be published in the Federal Register. Indigenous people engaging in angling or spear fishing must register, but are not required to pay a fee.

https://www.countmyfish.noaa.gov/abo...Final_Rule.pdf

I read somewhere thats its free to register this year, but could cost up to $30 in the future.

Mine came in the mail the other day. In the Bay we have the migratory Strippers and that is why we need them in the Bay. It is free for FY 2010, but it is going to be $25 or $30 for FY 2011. My fishing license this year cost $50 something....trout, crab , tidal, non tidal. It is going to be $100 before too long.

Then they shouldn't need our names, addresses, etc. I smell another tax in the making

And they some how need your current address to tax you in the future. Yea right.

When they outlaw sport fishing, only outlaws will sportfish. I will be amoung them!
They can have my speargun when they pry it from, oh you know the rest. nuff said
Eric

Mine came in the mail the other day. In the Bay we have the migratory Strippers and that is why we need them in the Bay. It is free for FY 2010, but it is going to be $25 or $30 for FY 2011. My fishing license this year cost $50 something....trout, crab , tidal, non tidal. It is going to be $100 before too long.

There is no ceiling to what we might have to pay:

8. Is there a fee to register?
There is no fee to register in 2010. A fee will be required as of January 1, 2011.

9. How much will registration cost in 2011?
The fee for registering in 2011 has not been established yet, but NOAA estimates it will cost between $15 and $25.

10. How will the fee be determined?
According to Federal law, the registration fee will be calculated based on the cost to administer the program. That means that NOAA will look at the total amount of money it takes to run the registry, and divide that by the anticipated number of people registering. In other words, if the program costs $25,000 to operate and 1,000 people were registering, the fee would be $25 per angler.

https://www.countmyfish.noaa.gov/faq_registry.html

PART 600-MAGNUSON-STEVENS ACT PROVISIONS
Subpart P--Marine Recreational Fisheries of the United States

§ 600.1410 Registry process.

(f) Fees. Effective January 1, 2011, persons registering with NMFS must pay an annual fee. The annual schedule for such fees will be published in the Federal Register. Indigenous people engaging in angling or spear fishing must register, but are not required to pay a fee.

https://www.countmyfish.noaa.gov/abo...Final_Rule.pdf

Or what? They can go "fish". As long as I confine my fishing to RI waters I'm protected by the states constitution that protects our right to access and harvest the states waters. NOAA cn kiss my bass!

Back
Top Bottom