Pic look darker with strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

M_Owen

Reaction score
Hi, i'm new in underwater photography. Recently i bought a intova iss 2000 and the pictures i took were darker than the ones i took with internal flash. I have attached the pictures. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 66
It looks like your too close and the strobe is lighting up beyond the subject? Not in focus so you might be way too close? Less than 9"?

I don't think you have your strobe synced. It is firing on the pre-flash.

Simple test, aim and shoot into a mirror, do you see the strobe firing in the resulting image?

Your strobe has a switch to select "pre-flash" settings, read your manual.

N

What Nemrod said.
Try taking a picture of yourself in a mirror with your u/w setup including the strobe. Do you see the strobe flash in the picture? If not, change the settings until you do.

Last edited:
I just got that same strobe yesterday. Haven't had a chance to try it out in the water yet, but had some trouble getting it to flash in brightly lit areas. Worked great after installing the fiberoptic cable, the flash seemed to fire everytime.

hi man think you have the strobe not syncing properly with your camera check the pre flash setting i have an intova camera and have to have the flash on the second pre flash setting. also have tested that flash and got the same result when you don't have the sync right.

What Nemrod said.
Try taking a picture of yourself in a mirror with your u/w setup including the strobe. Do you see the strobe flash in the picture? If not, change the settings until you do.

looks like that to me also..not in sync..

Back
Top Bottom